[SOLVED] Keyboard Input Stuttering

Apr 3, 2020
So this is a very strange problem that I noticed recently playing video games. It does happen across different games.

The issue is: the last key that I press down stutters when held down. For instance, if I press and hold "W" (to walk forward), my character stutter-steps. However, if I press and hold W and then press and hold A at the same time, my character walks forward normally but stutter-steps to the left. Additionally, if I press and hold W but then press and release any other key (a key that does nothing, for example) then the problem does not occur.

The problem occurs with a slight delay after I press down the key. It works normally for between half a second and a second and then it stutters. Every game behaves differently... moving in one game is a stutter about 1.5 times per second, in another game it's just jittery because the game smooths movement, and in that same game, pressing and holding a use button goes part way and then stutters. It's like the key isn't being held but isn't being released either and the games don't know what to do.

What the stutter is like: The stutter is as if the key is being half-pressed. Some games behave differently than others when this occurs. One game in particular cycles between the key working and not working, every period of the key working being just as long as the period of it not working.

I don't notice an issue if I hold down a key to type characters in a text field, however.

Know anything? Driver issue?

Apr 3, 2020
What model? Is this a wired or wireless driver? Sounds a driver issue with your keyboard. Check if there is model specific driver. Try uninstalling and reinstalling driver.
It's wired. I already checked device manager to see if I can reinstall the drivers but there are several different same-named devices under keyboards. None of them are distinct. There are 7 total devices and 5 of them are listed as on USB device. The other two are Logitech and Razer. I did recently install the Razer device as I downloaded mouse software, so that may be causing the issue.

EDIT: I uninstalled the Razer device hoping for an easy fix, didn't work. Just letting you know.

Apr 3, 2020
Try disabling any devices you are not using under Human Interface Devices. If you are not sure, delete them all and then check the Action tab -> Scan for any hardware changes.
But I have no idea which devices I am using. 5 of them are ambiguous.

I tried uninstalling all but one and nothing changed. I scan for hardware changes and they all reappear.

Apr 3, 2020
If you delete them and then run Scan for any hardware changes , Windows will reinstall the drivers for all the devices that are currently connected.
Well I have software installed for a Logitech mouse and a Razer mouse (both are software for keyboards too) and I have a keyboard plugged in to the computer. I find it odd that one USB keyboard would install 5 drivers, but I had never noticed an issue until a few weeks ago.

Apr 3, 2020
If you feel uncomfortable doing this, go to Control Panel-> Programs and Features and uninstall the drivers you are no longer using.
Uninstalled the Razer software (since I mainly use a Logitech mouse), made sure the driver was gone, problem still occurs. As soon as I fully identified this issue I knew it would be a pain. I might just get a new keyboard, I have wanted to at some point anyway. Is it at all possible that it's a hardware issue considering an on-screen keyboard doesn't do it?