[SOLVED] Keyboard is not working properly (physical and on-screen)

Jun 20, 2021
I've had this build for a couple months and the keyboard was working well. Today when I turned on my computer the only keys that worked were -, tab, backspace, space, caps lock, enter, and i. This goes for all of my physical keyboards and the on-screen keyboard in Windows. Another weird thing is that backspace actually deletes everything, and "i" creates a tab. Oh yeah, the arrow keys and pg keys work too. Because of all of this I'm unable to login.

I was able to get into the BIOS and I flashed it but it didn't help. All of the keys on my keyboard work in BIOS too. The mouse works just fine in all situations. I've never had this issue before. Any thoughts?

Windows 10 (can't see the version)
Asus Tuf 570-X Plus Wifi (v4002)
Ryzen 5600x

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Make and model keyboard?

Do other known working keyboards work without problems on your new build?

Does the keyboard work on another known working computer?

Determine if the problems follow the keyboard or stay with the computer.

Manually download the keyboard's drivers via the manufacturer's website. Reinstall and reconfigure. No third party driver installers.

Jun 20, 2021
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Make and model keyboard?

Do other known working keyboards work without problems on your new build?

Does the keyboard work on another known working computer?

Determine if the problems follow the keyboard or stay with the computer.

Manually download the keyboard's drivers via the manufacturer's website. Reinstall and reconfigure. No third party driver installers.
Unfortunately, the keyboard is not the issue. They all work in the BIOS. Plus, the virtual, on-screen keyboard has the same issue as the physical keyboards.

Also, I edited my post and stated the I'm unable to login to Windows because of this.

Jun 20, 2021
Fixed it.
Had to unplug all usb cables and then it recognized the keyboard correctly. Then after I logged into Windows the keyboard didn't work properly again. Then I had to press ctrl+any key. Turned out that it thought ctrl was being held down for some reason. Pressing ctrl toggled it off. I'll probably go check if there are any new motherboard drivers for the tuf x570-x plus wifi.