Question Keyboard issues

ThreeDog12

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2016
Sorry if this is the wrong spot for this post, but didn't see a category for peripherals. I have a custom build keyboard, and spilled a small amount of soda on it unfortunately. The e, d, and c keys no longer are working. I was just wondering if anyone knew if there was a good way to troubleshoot/fix this. I've taken it all apart, cleaned the pcb with rubbing alcohol, tried using new switches on the affected keys, etc. Before they didn't work entirely, they would cut in and out. Like if I was in a game and held down my d key, I'd take a few steps to the right, stop for and random amount again, small step, stop, few more steps. You get the idea, anybody know if it's saveable?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Sorry if this is the wrong spot for this post, but didn't see a category for peripherals. I have a custom build keyboard, and spilled a small amount of soda on it unfortunately. The e, d, and c keys no longer are working. I was just wondering if anyone knew if there was a good way to troubleshoot/fix this. I've taken it all apart, cleaned the pcb with rubbing alcohol, tried using new switches on the affected keys, etc. Before they didn't work entirely, they would cut in and out. Like if I was in a game and held down my d key, I'd take a few steps to the right, stop for and random amount again, small step, stop, few more steps. You get the idea, anybody know if it's saveable?

If you've already cleaned the PCB and tried new switches, I doubt it's salvageable, at least without a great deal of experience in electronics repair.

ThreeDog12

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2016
If you've already cleaned the PCB and tried new switches, I doubt it's salvageable, at least without a great deal of experience in electronics repair.
The 3 key is also not working, since they all are in the same column of the keyboard do you think there is residue somewhere that's shorting out the power rail for that column mabye?