Question Keyboard Keys Don't Work And Updates Issue!

Jun 10, 2020
I have a Dell 7577. Five of the keys on my keyboard don't work. They magically appear to work after sometime. Also the Updates is all messed up. A Windows 10 Update comes and gets downloaded but when it comes to installation, it goes to like 45% and then goes to 0% and over and over again. I tried doing some things like updating drivers. But they didn't work.I tried booting into 'Safe mode' and check the keys, it didn't work too.

GrandSACHI

Reputable
Apr 20, 2019
Yeah, I'm not surprised. It was pretty clear that the problem was with the keyboard itself. You might want to try to clean your keyboard, but cleaning a laptop keyboard is tricky at best as it require to remove the keys (without breaking them) to do so. Worse thing is that you're not even sure it would fix it, as the problem might just be broken keys. I have a laptop with a few of such keys, so it's not uncommon
You might just have to accept to work with your external keyboard...

Btw, did you fix your update pronlem?

Jun 10, 2020
Yeah, I'm not surprised. It was pretty clear that the problem was with the keyboard itself. You might want to try to clean your keyboard, but cleaning a laptop keyboard is tricky at best as it require to remove the keys (without breaking them) to do so. Worse thing is that you're not even sure it would fix it, as the problem might just be broken keys. I have a laptop with a few of such keys, so it's not uncommon
You might just have to accept to work with your external keyboard...

Btw, did you fix your update pronlem?
yeah the update problem is fixed but I don't understand why the keys work perfectly fine sporadically. Also a new problem I'm facing is that there are some sporadic flashes on the screen. It goes away when I turn the screen off and turn it on back again.

GrandSACHI

Reputable
Apr 20, 2019
Are those always the same keys? also when they stop working, do they all stop working at the same time and restart working fine at the same time too? or are they just turning off/on randomly and independently of each other?

GrandSACHI

Reputable
Apr 20, 2019
I think the most likely explanation is that your laptop is simply possessed... and what you'd need is an exorcist!

Joke aside, could that tingling feel be cause by the vibration of the fan(s)? or is it something more "electrical"? Maybe keeping an eye on the temps might be a good idea...

Jun 10, 2020
I think the most likely explanation is that your laptop is simply possessed... and what you'd need is an exorcist!

Joke aside, could that tingling feel be cause by the vibration of the fan(s)? or is it something more "electrical"? Maybe keeping an eye on the temps might be a good idea...
forgot to mention. It's definitely electrical

GrandSACHI

Reputable
Apr 20, 2019
Okay, that definitely sounds like there is a short in this computer, and that is most likely the cause of all the symptoms that you see. At this point, my only advise would be to bring that laptop to a repair shop.