[SOLVED] Keyboard "lags" after I upgraded CPU from Ryzen 7 2700 to Ryzen 5 5600X ?

gusnd

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2013
Keyboard "lags" after upgraded CPU from Ryzen 7 2700 to Ryzen 5 5600X

After the upgrade, while gaming started to lag the keyboard, and stuttering, and games started to happen too. While streaming it gets worse!

Already reinstalled windows, drivers are updated. It did not fix the issue.

I have 16gbs of RAM 3000mhz, a RTX 2080 Ti.

The OC on the CPU is only at 500mhz done by the motherboard itself.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Solution
it won't be overloaded as my friend used all the USB ports (pretty much all the rear and front panels) and it is still normal.

So yeah, the procedure is
-disconnect from the internet
  • uninstall all processors in the device manager
  • reboot to bios and flash/reflash the bios to the latest
  • install the latest AMD driver
That's how usually I do for a CPU upgrade, uninstall all the processors while using the old processors, shutdown and replace the CPU, then do the rest.
I decided to do another test which seems to be working really fine now. I had the same issues with the Realtek audio drivers, whenever I tried to install the latest version from the Realtek website I did not get any improvements like the Realtek app or...
Keyboard "lags" after upgraded CPU from Ryzen 7 2700 to Ryzen 5 5600x

After the upgrade, while gaming started to lag the keyboard, and stuttering, and games started to happen too. While streaming it gets worse!

Already reinstalled windows, drivers are updated. It did not fix the issue.

I have 16gbs of RAM 3000mhz, a RTX 2080 Ti.

The OC on the CPU is only at 500mhz done by the motherboard itself.

Any ideas what could be causing this?
what are the full specs?

Here is the link with full spec
Try This:
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 12 on yours) like this:
unknown.png

• Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios(download, extract the files and copy it to flashdrive, plug it on top rear usb slot, boot to bios and flash it), then return to bios again, then load optimized/default and save and exit.
  • boot up to windows and install the latest AMD Chipset driver, reboot, and connect to internet now.
  • And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any.
usually when you're about to change the cpu from 2700x to 5600x, you should uninstall all the processors in device manager, shutdown, then replace the cpu.

Reactions: gusnd

gusnd

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2013
Try This:
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 12 on yours) like this:
unknown.png

• Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios(download, extract the files and copy it to flashdrive, plug it on top rear usb slot, boot to bios and flash it), then return to bios again, then load optimized/default and save and exit.
  • boot up to windows and install the latest AMD Chipset driver, reboot, and connect to internet now.
  • And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any.
usually when you're about to change the cpu from 2700x to 5600x, you should uninstall all the processors in device manager, shutdown, then replace the cpu.
I reinstalled windows after replace the CPU, BIOS and drivers are up to date

I changed few settings in BIOS, seems to be better for now, but I'll try the driver removal and install

Reactions: Koekieezz

gusnd

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2013
@Koekieezz after you mention the possibility of being an issue with the CPU driver, I thought about reinstalling the chipset drivers, which seems to have reduced the issue by a huge amount, still, the issue happens but in a smaller frequency now, like a second or so, seems to be a buggy driver causing it.

@Koekieezz after you mention the possibility of being an issue with the CPU driver, I thought about reinstalling the chipset drivers, which seems to have reduced the issue by a huge amount, still, the issue happens but in a smaller frequency now, like a second or so, seems to be a buggy driver causing it.
Well yeah, sometimes my friend have this issue but not anymore (and he admits that the drivers were buggy alot). so after you did my method, how does it feel?

Also i was hoping that you just reflash the bios to the latest and install amd chipset driver like usual, and the the rest connect to internet.

gusnd

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2013
Well yeah, sometimes my friend has this issue but not anymore (and he admits that the drivers were buggy a lot). so after you did my method, how does it feel?

Also, I was hoping that you just reflash the bios to the latest and install AMD chipset driver like usual, and the rest connect to the internet.
I'll try that, I just tested it without installing any drivers from AMD but the issue remains

could it be the USB is overloaded somehow?

it wont be overloaded as my friend used all the usb port (pretty much all the rear and front panel) and it still normal.

So yeah, procedure is
-disconnect from internet
  • uninstall all processors in device manager
  • install the latest amd driver

Thats how usually i do for a cpu upgrade, uninstall all the processor while using the old processors, shutdown and replace the cpu, then do the rest.

gusnd

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2013
it won't be overloaded as my friend used all the USB ports (pretty much all the rear and front panels) and it is still normal.

So yeah, the procedure is
-disconnect from the internet
  • uninstall all processors in the device manager
  • install the latest AMD driver
That's how usually I do for a CPU upgrade, uninstall all the processors while using the old processors, shutdown and replace the CPU, then do the rest.
I decided to do another test which seems to be working really fine now. I had the same issues with the Realtek audio drivers, whenever I tried to install the latest version from the Realtek website I did not get any improvements like the Realtek app or DTS surround. So I had to download the version available on the ASUS website which gave me both the app and DTS surround, but it is a different and sometimes older version though.

Thinking about that, I decided to download the chipset drivers from ASUS, seems like there is some sort of optimization/certification/restriction (maybe all 3?) for each hardware vendor

BTW, why do you disconnect from the internet when upgrading?

Solution
I had the same issues with the Realtek audio drivers, whenever I tried to install the latest version from the Realtek website I did not get any improvements like the Realtek app or DTS surround. So I had to download the version available on the ASUS website which gave me both the app and DTS surround, but it is a different and sometimes older version though.
Dont worry about older version, for audio drivers, it is best to grab it from motherboard website since not all motherboard have the same app and features.

Thinking about that, I decided to download the chipset drivers from ASUS, seems like there is some sort of optimization/certification/restriction (maybe all 3?) for each hardware vendor
Nope, always download chipset driver from the AMD Support since it's the latest (you could see the date and the version). thats why i prefer downloading from the AMD website.

BTW, why do you disconnect from the internet when upgrading?
So that windows update wont immidiately install the drivers, since when you uninstall a device usually windows install it automatically if you left it at some period. that's why i prefer to disconnect internet untill installed the chipset driver (or even the gpu driver if you download it before).

gusnd

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2013
Nope, always download chipset driver from the AMD Support since it's the latest (you could see the date and the version). thats why i prefer downloading from the AMD website.

Somehow the latest version 3.08.17.735 is giving me this issue. I sent a bug report for them. I'll try to install it over the old one, just a hunch

The version available right now on the ASUS website is 2.11.26.106

Reactions: Koekieezz