[SOLVED] Keyboard lights up but dosen't type

May 3, 2021
Hi. I just got this old computer, it wasn't working, (i posted in a previous thread) and i got it fixed, and now i have encountered a new problem. I have a usb gaming keyboard and a ps2 mouse, i tried to connect it and it light up, but when i attempted to type, it didn't do anything. i plugged in my phone charger to see if the ports were working, all of them work. I plugged the keyboard into my laptop and it works, so the keyboard is not the problem

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. You were asked to do so in this thread. So, if you will, what are the specs to this old computer? Make and model of the keyboard? You can try and take the keyboard over to a donor system to see if your peripherals work.

Reactions: Cj-tech
May 3, 2021
Yes, i was supposed to list my specs. You are right. The keyboard is a Marvo Scorpion K616A.
I don't know much about the computer because i got it yesterday but these are the specs i know

Motherboard: ASUS a7v8x-x
CPU: Don't know the exact model but its a AMD from the period of 2000-2005
GPU: Nvidia PMC MVGA-NVG17AM
Memory: 512mb of DDR1
HDD: Westren Digital WD Caviar of unkown size
PSU: Some generic no name brand 330watt power supply
OS: The previous owner told me it was running Windows XP but i cant prove or disprove this because i cant get out of the bios
@Lutfij @Cj-tech i hope this is enough information