[SOLVED] Keyboard & Mouse work on boot but not on startup

Apr 11, 2020
Let me start off with my specs

Motherboard: MSI Z390-A Pro
GPU: GTX 750 ti
CPU: Intel i5 9400f
Power Supply: Corsair CS850M
Running Windows 7

I haven’t used my pc in a long time and I finally fitted my new CPU to get it going. All is well apart from my PC doing a constant “Sade Mode” check because I’m not able to get past the point of entering my password. My keyboard and mouse work fine in bios but when I start up they switch off. Tried using them in multiple different USB ports and I still haven’t got my head around it.

Someone help me please.

Solution
I already said bout the cpu.

To buy windows 10? I think u can try it for free with some limits (cosmetics, etc). I am currently on 7, but on older system.
At least u can try this.
Yes, it may be mouse & keybo dead, but at the same time??? LoL. mb.
U maybe need to play with ur bios a bit (reset, update/return previous version) .
Mobo also may have a problem, but it's less likely.
Apr 11, 2020
I had a similar thing when my mouse got broken. But the keyboard the same time? Did u really press alt+tab, windows key, esc, enter, etc to check it?
If yes, u can try it again with the previous cpu. Maybe.
Tried everything, tried going into the bios and allowing unsigned devices literally none of my peripherals work after startup. My keyboard and mouse work perfectly fine in the bios menu but as soon as that Windows 7 startup screen pops up the lights go completely off. Tried other keyboards too.

Apr 11, 2020
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skylake_(microarchitecture)

Your platform is officially designed for win 10. I wouldn't exclude that, if u haven't done a specific bios mod, then windows 7 often can do sh*tty things. But for a relatively new system like yours, probably there is not even any mod.
So you’re suggesting I get rid of my preferred OS? I’m not gonna go buy Windows 10 then have to go through the whole process of installing it and what not (and what if i run into the same problem). If this is 100% going to work then fair enough.

Bassplate

Reputable
I don't think this could be the about the CPU....I mean it could be.
Have you tried replacing the old CPU back and see if your Keyboard and Mouse respond?
When you plug the Keyboard and mouse in does the lights of the keyboard and mouse comes on?If not it could be the keyboard/mouse itself it broken USB ports.
if the Situation remains even with the old CPU i think this could lead that there are missing drivers...Did you use other keyboards and mouse as well?

To buy windows 10? I think u can try it for free with some limits (cosmetics, etc). I am currently on 7, but on older system.
At least u can try this.
U maybe need to play with ur bios a bit (reset, update/return previous version) .

Solution
Apr 11, 2020

At least u can try this.
As I said, my keyboard and mouse work perfectly fine including working in the bios menu its literally just when the Windows startup screen pops up that my peripherals all turn off. I’ll need to download windows 10 onto a USB and boot it from that. Or I can download a windows 7 recovery onto a usb and boot it from that to fix any bugs or problems.

A defected mouse can behave in this way, believe me. But probably not this is the problem.
I guess u can at first just try win10 in any way u want - disk, usb, or whatever. It will not take u the whole day.
If u have a better idea, i hope it ll work.