[SOLVED] Keyboard not typing but working

frankya

Prominent
Jul 7, 2020
I was playing a game when my keyboard stopped working. It’s lights still work and the media keys do as well. I don’t think it is keyboard specific because I plugged two others in, and they did not type either. Any suggestions are a super big help. Thanks!

Solution
If the basic unplug and plug, restarting PC steps did not work, try updating the keyboard driver.
Device Manager > Keyboawrds > Right click on your keyboard name > Click Update Driver

MarkTM

Honorable
Jun 9, 2017
If the basic unplug and plug, restarting PC steps did not work, try updating the keyboard driver.
Device Manager > Keyboawrds > Right click on your keyboard name > Click Update Driver

Solution
Aug 12, 2020
Had a similar issue. Mine turned out to be the result of some recent autoruns editing I had done via the SysInternals suite. I ran across some autoruns involving some old ESET NOD drivers. I haven’t run that for probably at least three or four years, not, supposedly, even on the system, so I nixed them. One was a keyboard filter driver intended to intercept hotkeys related to the program. Anyway, I recalled editing the autoruns so I went back in and restored some possibilities, namely the old ESET stuff. Rebooted, boom, got my keyboard back.

TRENDING THREADS