Question keyboard not working after lock screen ?

Dec 23, 2021
I have a new Lenovo Thinkpad L13 laptop. It arrived the same day Win 11 was released, so I installed that. So it's the only OS the computer has ever seen. It works well, just a few quirks. But my biggest problem is that randomly, my computer will lock after non-use for x number of minutes, and then I log back in (usually with facial recognition) and my keyboard won't work. I don't have Filter Keys on (which is the only fix I've heard about). And if I close the lid and open it again, then log into the lock screen it will work. It's not a big deal, just an annoyance as I don't always want to close the lid as that cuts the wifi and then I lose my VPN for work.
Any ideas?
Thanks
PS - I'm very tech savvy so I'm annoyed that I can't figure this one out. I worked in an IT department help desk for a few years back during the Windows 7 days.

One thing i would try is get rid of all the preinstalled lenovo programs , i have a lenovo think pad and their software play havoc with my function keys because as you probably know the F keys are double function , widows F keys and lenovo F key function.

Dec 23, 2021
One thing i would try is get rid of all the preinstalled lenovo programs , i have a lenovo think pad and their software play havoc with my function keys because as you probably know the F keys are double function , widows F keys and lenovo F key function.

I'm not sure what you mean by double function? I have separate Fn and Windows keys. My bottom left corner of my keyboard goes Fn, Ctrl, Windows

Dec 23, 2021
ok so if your keyboard is same as mine you should see an f number and a symbol on them , pressing the keys on their own gives you the lenovo function of the f key and using ctrl and f key gives you what windows f function does.

Ok, so you think the Lenovo program that makes the F1, F2, etc keys do special functions (like mute) is what's causing the keyboard to not respond sometimes?