Keyboard number keys not working?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Nye

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
Hello, so i have an interesting problem. my keyboard's number keys on the top row sometimes do not work except for the 5 and 6 key. so i unplugged it and plugged it back in, and it worked!... for all of 2 minutes. anyone know what the problem is?

Jeff Soloman

Honorable
Sep 27, 2013
Alright, some good news.

I found a good USB keyboard in my house that wasn't in use, so I have a replacement. Everything works on it as it should, and it's nice and sturdy to handle some falls. It's a little dirty, but none of they keys are sticky, so I'm pleased with it.

Made by Logitech, by the way, in case people were curious.

Burned

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013

Etna125

Honorable
Nov 23, 2013
I have the same exact problem. I have an iBuyPower desktop/USB keyboard on Win 7 that works the majority of the time, but on some start ups, 1-4 and 7-0 do not work. Only sometimes. I have tried every single possible solution suggested on this thread, but nothing works. I literally just wait about 10 mins or so and they just decide to start working again.

- Sometime if I say, open Notepad, and mash the 8 keys that don't work, they intermittently post a few numbers, but it's random.
- I can hold SHIFT and ! @ # $ & * ( ) still work. And the number pad on the right still works.
- Pressing ~ and 1 and 2 will open the Google Chrome help.

Thanks for any help you guys have!

Status
Not open for further replies.