[SOLVED] Keyboard problem

Apr 28, 2021
Hello. I have a big problem. I just bought the k555 keyboard and installed the software. I downloaded a zip file where are two apps. One is called Redragon k586RGB.exe and the other is called K586 update program.exe. I opened the second one and a chinese window opened. Me not knowing anything chinese I pressed the two buttons and the keyboard completely stopped working. No backlight, the buttons are not working. I unplugged the usb and plugged it back in and still nothing. Maybe it erased the program or something?
Also, the FN + SPACE button is no longer working

Solution
I downloaded it from a site that I don't remember
I made a mistake and I don’t know if the keyboard works or if it does

No worries! Sorry if my post sounded harsh.... You can check if the K586 drivers are installed by searching "Control Panel" in the Windows search box. Next, select "Programs and Features" from the list of options. In the list of software, look for anything that might be related to what you just installed. If you find the software, right-click it and click "Uninstall." Follow the prompts to remove it.

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
I just bought the k555 keyboard and installed the software.

Where did you get the software from? REDRAGON's website does not have the drivers for that keyboard model, you just installed the software for the K586. It looks like it is just a plug and play keyboard. Amazon has a user manual with instructions on how to change the colors. As well, the questions section for that item on Amazon specifically mention that it is plug and play, no software is needed.

Also, if the keyboard was not working, you may need to rollback the driver - according to some Amazon purchasers. Read this guide on how to do that.

Apr 28, 2021
Where did you get the software from? REDRAGON's website does not have the drivers for that keyboard model, you just installed the software for the K586. It looks like it is just a plug and play keyboard. Amazon has a user manual with instructions on how to change the colors. As well, the questions section for that item on Amazon specifically mention that it is plug and play, no software is needed.

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021

No worries! Sorry if my post sounded harsh.... You can check if the K586 drivers are installed by searching "Control Panel" in the Windows search box. Next, select "Programs and Features" from the list of options. In the list of software, look for anything that might be related to what you just installed. If you find the software, right-click it and click "Uninstall." Follow the prompts to remove it.

Solution