Question Keyboard types multiple letters

Metalrocks

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2014
I have a Logitech G 810 keyboard and so far for the last few years it has been really good for typing and obviously gaming. However, for the last few days, it keeps entering multiple letters at once. Such as two or even four A's, O's and other random letters. Even when pressing space it jumps three ahead. At times a letter wont respond but as soon I type the next one, the previous letter appears but most of the time twice.
I have checked the Logitech software it runs of but could not find anything that could indicate what is wrong. I also went into the system of Win 10 it self to make any adjustments for keyboards but nothing worked. I also tried to clean it but to no avail. I had no updates in these few days or made any changes to the logitech software or win itself.

I'm using a cheap WIFI keyboard to type this as otherwise it makes typing impossible. Here is an example how things end up when I type with my G810:
Hellow how aare you? What can I do too fix this issue that it stopps typing multilpe letters?

As you can see, some of these words have two letters and at some spots the gap between words is bigger. And NO, that's not me mistyping.

Any idea what it could be? So far while playing games, the keyboard is fine. Only with typing I have this issue. regardless if I type here, on Word or E-mail.

erik62905

Honorable
Jan 17, 2018
I had this problem on my previous keyboard which was an Aukey KM-G3 which had blue Outemu switches. It only happened on the a key and it occurred intermittently, so it wasn't that bad. It is most likely caused by dust or other particulates inside the key switches themselves. The best thing you can try is to take off the keycaps of the affected keys and blow compressed air into the switch while pressing the switch then without pressing it. If that doesn't work, then the dust might not have moved or it isn't an issue with dust in the first place. If nothing changes, then I'm sorry but I don't know how to help you from there. I ended up buying a new keyboard instead of fixing the issue but I also wanted to get away from blue switches so that was an excuse lol.

Metalrocks

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2014
I had this problem on my previous keyboard which was an Aukey KM-G3 which had blue Outemu switches. It only happened on the a key and it occurred intermittently, so it wasn't that bad. It is most likely caused by dust or other particulates inside the key switches themselves. The best thing you can try is to take off the keycaps of the affected keys and blow compressed air into the switch while pressing the switch then without pressing it. If that doesn't work, then the dust might not have moved or it isn't an issue with dust in the first place. If nothing changes, then I'm sorry but I don't know how to help you from there. I ended up buying a new keyboard instead of fixing the issue but I also wanted to get away from blue switches so that was an excuse lol.
Gave it a shot and did not improve. A little annoyed as it wasn't a cheap keyboard. Typing now on a 20$ WIFI keyboard that works better than a gaming one makes it almost a joke. I guess I have to get a new one as I like to have my keys with LED. Got so used to it.
Thanks anyway for the help.