Keyboard typing double and random letters

Status
Not open for further replies.

TehTony

Prominent
Jun 17, 2017
Hello,
So, for a while now my computer has had the problem that when I type my keyboard would repeat and type random letters and sometimes activate caps lock too.

This is whaat it loookoks like when I type. Sometimes it is only aa few letters and sometimes I can't even nwrite a ssingle worrrd correctly
Randoom letteerrs include thesse for example: wS\X (I pressed spacebar) 963.* (I pressed Enter)

I've also had occurrences where it would open the search/find (ctrl+f) command in chrome or open the console (F12)

This problem isn't consistent for some reason. Most of the time it would occur after using my PC for about 3-4 hours but sometimes sooner or later.
I'm pretty sure it is not the keyboard because I already tried it with a newly bought one and it would have the same problem.

I have also tried a reinstall of Windows (reinstalled Windows then upgraded from Win7 to 10).
I've tried using different usb ports but I would get the same result.
I also tried using it in Safe mode with no change

The PC isn't old yet, bought about half a year ago and I built it myself except for the power supply which I took from my old PC.
These are the specs if needed:
OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit (Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit when the problem started)
Motherboard: GA-Z270X-Ultra Gaming
CPU: Intel i7-6700K
RAM: 2x8GB
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
PSU: Raidmax rx 630SS
Cooler: Cryorig h5

I am currently out off ideas on what else to try. If anyone has any idea what could fix my problem I would appreciate it greatly. If any additional info is required please inform me.
Thank you for your time.
-Anthony

Outside of your keyboard issue, you need to replace that power supply, it's a low quality one, and if you like your computer parts working you really should replace it. Seasonic S12II models are going for like $40 after rebate, you should pick one of those up before they are sold out. Why would you do a Windows 7 setup then upgrade to 10 when it was a re-installation? I suggest you just install 10 clean on the system and make sure you get all the newest drivers from the motherboard vendor.

You said you already tried a new keyboard and it did the same thing correct?

TehTony

Prominent
Jun 17, 2017

I will look into getting a new power supply, the reason I was using it is because it was the one thing from my old PC which I thought was still usable.
The Win7 to 10 upgrade was because I haven't purchased Windows 10 yet so I went for the free upgrade on the Microsoft website, plus I wanted to test it as well since I've only used it once before.

Back to the keyboard issue, after some experimenting it seems that the problem persists only with 2 out of 3 keyboards and only on the PC.
On my PC I tried 3 keyboards.
1st Anitech brand, the old one which started acting up first
2nd Fantech K10, the newly bought one, both were fairly cheap and had the typing problem.
Then 3rd DeLUX K1000 a keyboard I got from my sister a while back, for some reason this one seems to be working without any problems.
However the strange part is that I've been using the (new) Fantech on my laptop and haven't been able to replicate the typing problem there.

Nov 13, 2018
it's the power supply. to confirm it touch any ground/(back of the case) of your pc by hand and try typing.. if work, you should put a ground connection from your PC to the earth ground (screw some wire in the back of the case then connect it to ground).

Status
Not open for further replies.