[SOLVED] Keyboard typing on its own and keys are not broken but can't be typed

jerrybestfan

Commendable
Oct 20, 2017
About a week ago, I accidentally spilled a bit of water on the keyboard, it didn't seem much, most of it was spilled on the palm rest and only some got to the keys. I let it dry off upside down for 2 days and it worked. After a whole day of working fine, the next day, it started typing random things and now the whole middle row of my keyboard ( Caps Lock, ASDFGHJKL;'Enter456 ) doesn't work and I know it's not broken because sometimes, it actually works like its supposed to and I can still type out the whole middle row key. But now it just started spamming the whole middle row keys and I can't stop it when I press on it because it won't recognize it. My keyboard is a Viper Gaming Keyboard V760, please help. Also I have tried uninstalling keyboard drivers and rebooting the PC and it didn't work.

Solution
About a week ago, I accidentally spilled a bit of water on the keyboard, it didn't seem much, most of it was spilled on the palm rest and only some got to the keys. I let it dry off upside down for 2 days and it worked. After a whole day of working fine, the next day, it started typing random things and now the whole middle row of my keyboard ( Caps Lock, ASDFGHJKL;'Enter456 ) doesn't work and I know it's not broken because sometimes, it actually works like its supposed to and I can still type out the whole middle row key. But now it just started spamming the whole middle row keys and I can't stop it when I press on it because it won't recognize it. My keyboard is a Viper Gaming Keyboard V760, please help. Also I have tried...

jerrybestfan

Commendable
Oct 20, 2017
Get a new keyboard and try not to spill on it.
Well, that's the most obvious solution, even a child could think of that but I came here looking for a solution without buying a new keyboard because obviously, the hardware ( keyboard ) is in perfect condition so it's a waste to just get rid of it after only a few months

D

Deleted member 14196

So did you get any answers? That’s because I already gave it to you. The fact is it’s not in perfect condition it’s broken and there’s no user serviceable parts so have fun

About a week ago, I accidentally spilled a bit of water on the keyboard, it didn't seem much, most of it was spilled on the palm rest and only some got to the keys. I let it dry off upside down for 2 days and it worked. After a whole day of working fine, the next day, it started typing random things and now the whole middle row of my keyboard ( Caps Lock, ASDFGHJKL;'Enter456 ) doesn't work and I know it's not broken because sometimes, it actually works like its supposed to and I can still type out the whole middle row key. But now it just started spamming the whole middle row keys and I can't stop it when I press on it because it won't recognize it. My keyboard is a Viper Gaming Keyboard V760, please help. Also I have tried uninstalling keyboard drivers and rebooting the PC and it didn't work.

If the keyboard is doing what it's doing, it's broken. Just because it's not in pieces or on fire does not mean it's still functional. You can try to take the keyboard apart fully and clean off the board and switches with some iso alcohol, there are several guides out there on how to do a full clean of a keyboard after a spill.

Solution
I agree with Hang-the-9, and would try disassembling the keyboard..using a good amount of q-tips to dry any moisture and then isopropyl alcohol to final clean. If youre not comfortable doing that, then try using a blowdryer aimed over the entire keyboard. Beware that if you run it too close, the intensity of the heat could damage soft materials or membranes inside. Ideally, try to brace the blowdryer and keyboard, and let it run for an hour at about 1 foot apart.

jerrybestfan

Commendable
Oct 20, 2017
Thank you all for your responses but I figured out the problem, I usually plug my keyboard in on the back of the case which is connected to the motherboard and I tried plugging it in the front and it is normal now. Not sure if it just got normal by itself but a few days ago I tried it plugging it in the back and it was still being weird so I'm guessing the USB port of the keyboard is having issues with the motherboard?