[SOLVED] Keyboard typing random things

Mar 4, 2020
I was playing Minecraft this morning and went into my inventory to get some materials and when I tried searching the name up it started typing “LOL NUB LOL NUB” repeatedly. This isn’t part of the game and I can’t think of anything apart from some virus causing this. I had a similar case but it kept typing z in the chat by itself.

Solution
Hello, this hasn’t happened to me on the desktop. The other case where it was typing z repeatedly was also in a game. The game has a chat box and I was typing a message when it started spamming z and I tried deleting it but it kept being spammed. It stops after Like 30 seconds. I can see this case being caused by my keyboard or something but what happened while playing Minecraft doesn’t seem like a keyboard malfunction.

It definitely is not a keyboard malfunction. It is a virus for sure. Can you test it on any other computer or use another keyboard? Check task manager if anything suspicious is running and use software like malwarebytes to see if you have a virus. Check apps, appdata folders, programfiles etc and also check the...
Mar 4, 2020
Hello, this hasn’t happened to me on the desktop. The other case where it was typing z repeatedly was also in a game. The game has a chat box and I was typing a message when it started spamming z and I tried deleting it but it kept being spammed. It stops after Like 30 seconds. I can see this case being caused by my keyboard or something but what happened while playing Minecraft doesn’t seem like a keyboard malfunction.

It definitely is not a keyboard malfunction. It is a virus for sure. Can you test it on any other computer or use another keyboard? Check task manager if anything suspicious is running and use software like malwarebytes to see if you have a virus. Check apps, appdata folders, programfiles etc and also check the startup tab to see if anything suspicious appears

Solution
Mar 4, 2020
I have an .exe application that was detected as a virus but it’s a software that I paid $20 and a lot of my friends have it without any problems so I’m guessing it’s not the problem. I’ll check some folders and stuff and see if there’s anything suspicious.

I have an .exe application that was detected as a virus but it’s a software that I paid $20 and a lot of my friends have it without any problems so I’m guessing it’s not the problem. I’ll check some folders and stuff and see if there’s anything suspicious.

What is the application? Did you purchase it at reasonable software vendor like Steam/newegg? Or did you get it from a "discount" licensing site?

And do you have any 3rd party apps for maintaining something like the motherboard (ASUS overclocking app or gigabyte panels)

Do you have extensions (ie: FORGE) or shaders installed for Minecraft? Perhaps maybe a command block?

Some software is subject to back door hacking through software exploits or stolen keys.

Mar 4, 2020
The .exe is an application is a script executor for a game I play. It essentially lets you cheat in a way and just like spawn objects. Well basically cheat. I’ve deleted it after it was identified as a virus and so far I haven’t had any problems.