[SOLVED] Keypad with programmable keys or at least multi-function pre-programmed keys

Star2222

Prominent
May 4, 2021
Hi,

for years I have been using an old Microsoft keyboard and after so long it stopped working so I bought a lot of very expensive keyboards including Logitech G815 (£ 160), AUKEY and various others. Only to return them all. While searching for new ones I am using a £ 15 Logitech K120 I had laying around and to my surprise I love it and I type much faster than with the Microsoft one I used for years.

It would be perfect if it wasn’t for the fact that it does not have programmable key (or at least multi-function pre-programmed keys). Like the calculator, volume up/down, and others I can use to launch applications.

Any suggestions for

Some external programmable wired keypad compact to keep of the left side of he main keypad)

Or a wired keyboard like the Logitech K-120 but with programmable key. Main thing is the keys to move down by maybe around 3 mm (i.e. not too little nor too much), clicky but not noisy. I understand that description is not very scientific or objective but I guess that’s the best I can explain. 😊

Also I am definitely looking at wired only, not wireless.

Thank you 😊

Solution
Thank you Lutfij,
so the Logitech K-120 I am using is a membrane one? Is that different from tactile, linear and clicky? i.e. is that a 4th type?

Thank you

Lutfij

Titan
Considering that you're working with a membrane keyboard, why not look at multimedia equipped keyboards from Logitech's range? Also, I'm still in possession of my Sidewinder X8 keyboard from Microsoft, still love it! You could look at Corsair's Vengeance series of keyboards if you're looking for something in the mechanical keyboard realm, their iCue app allows you to make macros or assign a key to your choice, as is with most keyboards in this day and age that come bundled with an app to operate/tweak.

Budget for your keyboard? Also, you're going to need a little more info to parse to use so we can tailor our suggestions.

Star2222

Prominent
May 4, 2021
Thank you Lutfij,
so the Logitech K-120 I am using is a membrane one? Is that different from tactile, linear and clicky? i.e. is that a 4th type?

Thank you

Solution

TRENDING THREADS