[SOLVED] Keystone Install

hollowlog

Reputable
Jun 25, 2015
I want to install a keystone jack on an exterior wall that has a 3/4in space between the drywall & the concrete block wall. Is that enough room to install a keystone jack?

Solution
That is going to be very close and likely depend to some extent on the brand. The ones I have used are about 1inch total depth but part of that actually sticks out since it is flush with the cover plate and that is about 1/4 thick. Maybe stack 2 or 3 cover plates to increase you thickness a bit. They make small surface mount boxes if other options do not work out.

Ralston18

Titan
Google "keystone jack dimensions".

There are many products to chose from and you need to take a close look at the specific installation requirements and instructions.

For example the keystone may physically fit but cause the servicing cable to be badly kinked when the entire jack is set into place.

And remember that you should allow for an extra couple of feet of cable (service loop) behind the jack in case the jack needs to be replaced or re-punched.

That is going to be very close and likely depend to some extent on the brand. The ones I have used are about 1inch total depth but part of that actually sticks out since it is flush with the cover plate and that is about 1/4 thick. Maybe stack 2 or 3 cover plates to increase you thickness a bit. They make small surface mount boxes if other options do not work out.

Solution