Killed my motherboard's BIOS !!! NEED URGENT HELP!!!

loursbourg

Distinguished
May 24, 2015
I have MSI H61M-E22/w8 and while i was updating the bios using the live bios utility afforded from the official website, the cpu overheated and Shutdown immediately !! please guys help me recover the bios for this motherboard!

Solution
If you already did that, and still cannot get the display, then I am afraid your motherboard is done. Your best bet is getting a new motherboard, maybe a miroATX. That way, if it doesn't work, you can RMA it.

loursbourg

Distinguished
May 24, 2015

Hi man ! sorry for the Delay,
I have a Corsair CX600 PSU, I was trying to install it through The Live Update utility provided from the official website through windows (it was working fine until i tried to fix the unbroken) , yee, i tried removing the cmos battery for longer than a few minutes before putting it back on , and now all i have is a pc that turns on when i switch it, turns off when i switch it, and the keyboard and mouse are going on and off constantly ,

loursbourg

Distinguished
May 24, 2015

yes i have everything you mentioned !

loursbourg

Distinguished
May 24, 2015

I can't even get a display ! when i turn it on , the psu and cpu fan start spinning , but i get no display on the monitor, and after few seconds nearly 40 seconds, it turns itself off and on again , and it continue doing this loop again and again !

It is possible that your motherboard is done. You can try to do a RMA. How long have you had it? Do you still have the black piece that covered the CPU socket?

loursbourg

Distinguished
May 24, 2015

Well, negative!, it was used when i bought it, no box, nothing, but i have a black piece that covers the cpu which i bought with it, isn't there any way to flash the bios or something?