[SOLVED] Kingston Fury Renegade Compatibility

Solution
Might want to look into a PCIe 3.0x4 SSD since the slot on the motherboard you own, is only going to go that far. Dropping a PCIe 4.0x4 SSD will have it run at PCIe 3.0x4. What processor are you running on that motherboard you've mentioned above?

Also,
My Motherboard is MSI B450 Tomahawk
You don't have the Max variant, correct?

Lutfij

Titan
Might want to look into a PCIe 3.0x4 SSD since the slot on the motherboard you own, is only going to go that far. Dropping a PCIe 4.0x4 SSD will have it run at PCIe 3.0x4. What processor are you running on that motherboard you've mentioned above?

Also,

Last edited:
Reactions: yusufhamdan2012
Solution

yusufhamdan2012

Reputable
Jan 2, 2019
Might want to look into a PCIe 3.0x4 SSD since the slots on the motherboard you own, is only going to go that far. Dropping a PCIe 4.0x4 SSD will have it run at PCIe 3.0x4. What processor are you running on that motherboard you've mentioned above?

Also,
Thank you!
I am using Ryzen 5 3600
So does that mean that the new NVMEs are not backwards compatible or may be compatible but provide lower speeds than expected?

yusufhamdan2012

Reputable
Jan 2, 2019
They are backwards compatible but why would you bother spending more for a drive that is forced to run slower due to your platform? You don't buy a Ferrari super car to get your groceries with, now do you?
You have a point, but there are limited options where I live, so the new ones are available but the old ones are no longer available. I will consider changing my motherboard for optimal compatibility.
Thank you for your help, really appreciate it.