Question Kingston Hyper Fury not at full speed

Aug 29, 2019
Hey guys today I finally had time to finish building together my new computer.

I just saw that my kingston memory sticks aren't running at full speed. CpuZ tells me the speed is at 1200 mhz.
Specs
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600x
My RAM: 2x Kingston Hyperx Fury 3200 mhz
My Motherboard: ASUS TUF B450-PLUS GAMING Bios Version: 1607
GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 Ti

What should I do?

Last edited:

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

All RAM modules will run at a default native frequency first, they don't immediately run at their full rated speeds (higher rated RAM doesn't anyway).

You'll need to overclock them or enable an XMP profile in your BIOS first to run them at 3200 :)

Aug 29, 2019
Welcome to the forums my friend!

All RAM modules will run at a default native frequency first, they don't immediately run at their full rated speeds (higher rated RAM doesn't anyway).

You'll need to overclock them or enable an XMP profile in your BIOS first to run them at 3200 :)

Cheers!

Thank you for the quick response. I will try changing it in the BIOS, which was configured by the company I purchased the PC from.

Reactions: PC Tailor
Aug 29, 2019
Ok I guess I am going to need some help as I have no clue when it comes to stuff like this.
I suppose I have to change options like voltage aswell? I don't want to do anything wrong so it'd be great if anybody could tell me what the values should look like.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Ok I guess I am going to need some help as I have no clue when it comes to stuff like this.
I suppose I have to change options like voltage aswell? I don't want to do anything wrong so it'd be great if anybody could tell me what the values should look like.
Does your motherboard have automatic overclock options, DRAM frequency auto overclock or XMP?
I believe on the TUFs there is often a tweak menu and you select a DRAM frequency accordingly.

Easier if you've never overclocked manually before.