Kingston Releases Business Class KC100 SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckyDucky7

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
'Enterprise-quality' and 'SandForce SF-2200' don't really go together right now...

Though the DuraClass technology may preserve data, what happens to what you were working on when the system crashes because of the controller?

blarr

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011
$1285 for an SSD? LOOL.

For half that money I could build an i5-2500k gaming rig(in-fact, I already did) with more than double the space. Oh SSD prices, usofunny.

ronch79

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
“Kingston is thrilled to offer the new.....

Thrilled, eh? Thrilled to make more money, that is. These cheap lines from companies make me smirk with disbelief.

Seriously, given how SSDs tend to just die off right away compared to mechanical HDDs which die slowly and thus give you more time to salvage your stuff, plus the fact that mechs are far cheaper per GB, I don't see why any hack would rely on an SSD for enterprise use (read: mission critical), no matter how reliable the manufacturer swears they would be.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]ronch79[/nom]Thrilled, eh? Thrilled to make more money, that is. These cheap lines from companies make me smirk with disbelief.Seriously, given how SSDs tend to just die off right away compared to mechanical HDDs which die slowly and thus give you more time to salvage your stuff, plus the fact that mechs are far cheaper per GB, I don't see why any hack would rely on an SSD for enterprise use (read: mission critical), no matter how reliable the manufacturer swears they would be.[/citation]

greatest moment in pc use for me

my hdd got the click of death.
i tapped it a bit, click went away
salvaged everything but 1 block.

new003

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2010
I hope new ssds keep coming out at such a fast rate. I think maybe in a year I might get one just as a casual user who likes new technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.