Kingston Ships 128GB Wi-Fi Drive for Android, iOS Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellybean

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012
A little pricy but sweet compatibility, except never had luck with anything from Kingston. Would look for alternate vendors myself.

G

I'll keep making a wifi hotspot on my android device and sharing my microSD card.. or if that's not enough, I'll attach a flash drive.

They tout the 'android' benefits, when really I see this more for iDevices.. especially with that kind of price.

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
[citation][nom]malejko[/nom]I'll keep making a wifi hotspot on my android device and sharing my microSD card.. or if that's not enough, I'll attach a flash drive.They tout the 'android' benefits, when really I see this more for iDevices.. especially with that kind of price.[/citation]

Actually with companies like Google and Amazon foregoing SD slots on their devices now to force consumers into their stores and services it makes just as much sense for Android, especially with an 8GB Nexus that needs root just to USB host an external drive.

However they probably used an SSD which accounts for a good chunk of the price. Are SSD speeds necessary on a device which is going to be locked down to WiFi speeds anyway? I'd agree there are cheaper ways to go about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.