Kingston ssd won't start

Jul 19, 2018
Hey, I have kingstone ssdnow v300 120GB and it won't start windows. It started to show message that I need to reboot and select proper boot device when I tried turning on my pc, every file is ok in ssd I tried in other pc. Tried switching cables still doesn't start. I don't want to reinstall windows because I have lots of important files.

Solution
If it can boot into Windows in another system, you likely have a mismatch in your BIOS somewhere.

You'll need the same settings (AHCI enabled, CSM enabled/disabled etc) that were present when you installed the OS.

You may simply need to ensure "windows boot manager" is boot priority #1.

As for the important files, while this issue is most likely recoverable - use this as a learning experience and implement a backup procedure (preferrably automated). SSDs don't give much notice, if any, that they're going to fail - so if/when that time comes, you'll be happy to have a backup elsewhere.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
If it can boot into Windows in another system, you likely have a mismatch in your BIOS somewhere.

You'll need the same settings (AHCI enabled, CSM enabled/disabled etc) that were present when you installed the OS.

You may simply need to ensure "windows boot manager" is boot priority #1.

As for the important files, while this issue is most likely recoverable - use this as a learning experience and implement a backup procedure (preferrably automated). SSDs don't give much notice, if any, that they're going to fail - so if/when that time comes, you'll be happy to have a backup elsewhere.

Solution