Status
Not open for further replies.

Krunoslav_1

Commendable
Jul 7, 2016
So question it is now. What to buy?

Logitech G430 Prodigy cost around 87$-79€
Cloud Core is 69$-63€
But problem is I need extra USB sound card for Cloud which cheapest cost around 14.5$-13€ so at end of it it come to same thing. Both thing cost me almost the same because G430 already have logitech USB sound card.

What is your opinion to go for G430 with 7.1 sound or Cloud with extra sound card but better stereo sound?

Cloud Core don't have extra accessories of original Cloud and that why its called Core and i don't need them tbh, yeah and only good thing it does not have is volume control and mic mute on cable :/.

EDIT: What ive heard and read Cloud have better stereo sound but mic is nothing special and ofter is broken or have competability problems with games and programs, while its heavy and good build wires that comes of earcups are not too good and can break even in 4-6 moths of normal use.

So I am not sure to pay same for logitech that have more stuff in bundle. 7.1 sound, wires are hidden and are not prone to break that easy(people droped them and no cracks). Have better drivers and good logi support. Or to pay also same for less in bundle but only good stereo sound?

Help what is better and why?

Solution

Craftsman_2222

Honorable
Nov 4, 2015
Well, to be honest i just bought a new pair of headphones. I don't recommend buying a gaming headset unless you need a mic included. What is your budget?

Edit: 7.1 is a load of bullcrap, you have two drivers in a 7.1 headset and regular headphones. Use something like Razer surround to give a surround feeling on normal headphones.

Krunoslav_1

Commendable
Jul 7, 2016

60€ and yes i need mic. My mic on sharkoon headset just broke so i use logitech table mic.
I know about this 7.1 thing but it is good on G430. But anyway i wont buy them they have some driver problems anyway and friend of my rather use MBO soundcard than USB one.

I will take Cloud 1 most likely.

I dunno why should not buy gaming headset? Not like I have something better for this price. I changed 5 headsets in last 3 years because i buy ones for 25-30€ and they are prone to breaking. Had 2x seedlinks, sharkoons etc. Now i will buy this Cloud 1 which are metal build, comfy, with great sound for the price.

Craftsman_2222

Honorable
Nov 4, 2015

The reason gaming headsets are looked down upon is because you're sacrificing sound for a mic. But since your budget is 60 euros then yeah, its safe to go with headset. The cloud is a good headset and should treat you well with its sound and price.

Krunoslav_1

Commendable
Jul 7, 2016

Just question for you if you know this.

So I only have 4 USB slots on my case and no front audio. But friend have completly new Thermaltake HARDCANO 6 front panel(still in box that is not open) which he say only have AC97 connectors. He see only this over box atm and don't want to open.
http://i.imgur.com/tBab5JT.jpg

Now my question is. If I connect AC97 and switch to it in realtek software, will it make good headset like HyperX Cloud sound worse than HD audio i have at back of case?

Craftsman_2222

Honorable
Nov 4, 2015

The link does not work for me. Could you link me to the actual product, a little confused here. Do you know if the card is an amplifier or just a front audio pass through?

Krunoslav_1

Commendable
Jul 7, 2016

http://www.trademe.co.nz/computers/components/cooling-fans/case-fans/auction-1257688382.htm

http://www.thermaltake.com.au/products-model_gallery.aspx?id=C_00000986

just audio pass. It's front panel with 2 3.5mm jacks which connects to MBO.

Craftsman_2222

Honorable
Nov 4, 2015
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.