Kite Tablet Unveiled, Runs Android and Ubuntu

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpeh

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
I'm actually quite surprised. Most of the specs are better than the Nexus 10's, except for the resolution. Plus, I think this tablet looks a lot sexier. Only about 20 bucks more than a Nexus 10 16GB.

[citation][nom]abbadon_34[/nom]Seems a bit pricey, I was expecting half that. It's hard enough for a big name to compete in $400+ area, regardless of hardware[/citation]
You realize they have to make a profit. The prices of most tech is set by the costs to design and produce the product. They aren't free.

ikyung

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
[citation][nom]xpeh[/nom]I'm actually quite surprised. Most of the specs are better than the Nexus 10's, except for the resolution. Plus, I think this tablet looks a lot sexier. Only about 20 bucks more than a Nexus 10 16GB.[/citation]
Well, Nexus 10 uses Exynos 5. But, I agree this tablet looks a lot sexier and having a micro SD slot is definitely a plus.

culgor

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2009
[citation][nom]bystander[/nom]You realize they have to make a profit. The prices of most tech is set by the costs to design and produce the product. They aren't free.[/citation]

The price of a product is set by what the consumer will pay, regardless of manufacturing/development costs.

If consumers won't pay $413 then the product price will be cut. Look at HP's TouchPad as a prime example of this; the TouchPad didn't sell until the price went down to a point where consumers were willing to pay for it. HP lost a lot of money in the development of that product.

Cost does not set the price for a product, the consumer does.

_Cosmin_

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
What ? 300 Euro for a thing that have no Bluetooth, no GPS, no NFC, no MHL, no Corning Glass?
Or ZAK does not put all specs in his article.. misleading readers ?!

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
Wow, somebody bought Samsung's ARM CPU.

PS
This device is rectangular and has rounded corners and most likely multi-touch...
OMG, yet another company steals Apple's original ideas!!!

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
well I think that tablet, if solid built, is a good alternative to the nexus 10. 1920x1200 res screen, thin, 32gb of onboard storage, a microsd slot, and the 2 OS. I dont really know if Id use both OS but it can be interesting to doodle around with both. the nexus 10 of same price has 16gb, no sd slot, higher res, faster processor and android 4.2 Id say the price is just about right to be competitive. too bad its a relatively unknown company.

they both jab at each other. if its solidly built Id consider it if I ever feel like getting a big tablet.

G

What you people forgot is that Nexus 10 32gb in europe has a price tag of 499 euros, hence I'd say this tablet is quite competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.