[SOLVED] Kraken x62 fans not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMemeMachine

Reputable
May 27, 2017
Hello everyone.
I recently bought a Kraken x62 AIO and I installed it in my nzxt h710 case.
I followed the instructions to the letter:
-plugged the pump header in to the 4pin CPU fan header on the motherboard
-plugged in the SATA header to the PSU
-plugged in the first radiator fan to the 4pin and the second to the 3pin header that comes out of the cpu block

(so basically everything that the instruction manual says)

My problem now is that the fans are not spinning and do not even show up in nzxt CAM software (says 0 rpm there)
I tried messing around with the fan curve and nothing is happening

Anyone have any ideas to help me with this?

My motherboard is the Gigabyte z390 UD (all the headers on it work, I already checked)
If any other information is needed I will provide :)

EDIT: I connected the radiator fans to motherboard headers, they DO both work so the fans themselves are not the issue here, however, I want to control those fans through CAM software so this is NOT a solution

Last edited:
Solution
Were you able to fix this? I am having the exact same problem.

Yes, the problem was in the 10 pin cable that goes into the CPU block. The right-most 2 or 3 pins were not making proper contact (I assume those control the fans). I just inserted it again and pressed really hard on those right-most pins and it fixed it. Be careful not to break them tho

This was very tricky to find, because I have removed and inserted that cable a few times (properly, not loose) and it since it still wasn't working I just assumed that was not the problem. Must have been a factory error of less than a milimeter.

If this doesn't work for you, your cable may be faulty and you should RMA it. Just send an email to NZXT and they will send you a new...

TheMemeMachine

Reputable
May 27, 2017
Which BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? Apparently there's also a firmware update for the AIO.

The bios version is F3 8/29/2018. I installed the firmware update a few moments ago (and restarted the PC just in case) and the fans are still not spinning

EDIT: I have now updated the bios to the latest version F8 5/24/2019 and still have the same problem

Last edited:

Isaac99

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2014
The bios version is F3 8/29/2018. I installed the firmware update a few moments ago (and restarted the PC just in case) and the fans are still not spinning

EDIT: I have now updated the bios to the latest version F8 5/24/2019 and still have the same problem

TheMemeMachine

Reputable
May 27, 2017

Yes, the problem was in the 10 pin cable that goes into the CPU block. The right-most 2 or 3 pins were not making proper contact (I assume those control the fans). I just inserted it again and pressed really hard on those right-most pins and it fixed it. Be careful not to break them tho

This was very tricky to find, because I have removed and inserted that cable a few times (properly, not loose) and it since it still wasn't working I just assumed that was not the problem. Must have been a factory error of less than a milimeter.

If this doesn't work for you, your cable may be faulty and you should RMA it. Just send an email to NZXT and they will send you a new cable after you give them a proof pf purchase. You should also plug the fans into the motherboard to check if they work

Good luck

Solution

Isaac99

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2014

If this doesn't work for you, your cable may be faulty and you should RMA it. Just send an email to NZXT and they will send you a new cable after you give them a proof pf purchase. You should also plug the fans into the motherboard to check if they work

Good luck

Thanks so much for the response!

The fans work when plugged into the motherboard, I will try your suggestion. In the meantime I've already contacted NZXT, so hopefully I can get this resolved one way or another. Isolation without my pc is going to be difficult haha,

Status
Not open for further replies.