Question Kraken X73 not cooling my CPU

Dec 25, 2020
So I installed my Kraken X73 but my thermals aren’t pretty. My computer runs for a minute or two before overheating cause the AIO isn’t doing anything. I managed to get CAM running by reinstalling my air cooler, so I can see the pump is running at 1500-1900 rpm, good. The CPU temp however quickly reaches 100 and my PC turns off.

I might RMA the thing pretty soon so just reaching out to see if I can avoid this. The CPU is a Ryzen 7 2700X and I have a Asus B450-F Gaming motherboard. Thanks!

Dec 25, 2020
If the pump is actually running, fluid is cycling through the unit, and paste was applied... the logical conclusion is that it's a bad mount, or you installed the back plate/retention brackets incorrectly.
Thanks for the response but unfortunately the logic doesn’t hold up. I believe the pump is busted and the impeller is just not spinning. The CAM software is attempting to spin it at the speeds it’s showing but it isn’t actually doing anything. The mount is perfect I’ve tested it by literally holding the AIO against the CPU. I’d also really have to try to <Mod Edit> up the AM4 mounting process lol, unless as you said it was a bad mount.

I am in the process of RMA with it, cause it’s the only logical conclusion after the 7 hours of tests I did on it. ¯\(ツ)

Last edited by a moderator: