KT7 RAID or a RAID PCI card

Oni

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I'm considering buying 2 IBM ATA-100 hard drives (eventually 4) and I'm wondering if I'd be better off keeping my A7V mobo and buying a RAID card, or if I should get the KT7 RAID?
Just let me know what you guys think, and why

G

I have been researching both these boards and when I get ready to buy will probably go with the KT7-RAID. But since you already have an A7V, I couldn't see a motherboard swap just to get the raid capability when you could do so for less money with a raid card. Just priced a Promise ATA100 RAID card for $75.00 as opposed to 140.00 for a KT7

Oni

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Alright thanks for your opinion, thats probably what I'm gonna do, just get a card. at www.bunta.com there is an Abit ATA-100 RAID controller for $37 so I think I'm just gonna buy that. My dad needs a new computer to though so I could give him my A7V and get myself the KT7 RAID if its better for overclocking (From what I've heard)

Thanks again

G

just incase you havent' read this before.. from what i hear the abit board's capacitors are really close to the socket so some of the larget heatsink/fans might damage the capacitors

G

Plenty of clearance on the KT-7 RAID for big heatsinks. I'm running a 750 duron@990 with 1.75v. Will run at 1ghz + for a while, but some errors appear in applications. Great board.