Question KVM switch ? Display configuration help !

Jan 24, 2020
Hi All,
Looking for alittle help configuring my computer desk setup. I have a laptop and a gaming PC and want to share keyboard, mouse, single monitor. I googled this to no end and I'm still confused on which kvm switch I need or if even thats the right direction. My laptop is for work and has hdmi and my gaming PC has the B450 Aorus Wifi Mobo. Im looking to be able to press a button/flip a switch/change input on a monitor....etc what ever it would take to be able to share all peripherals and change from displaying laptop to desktop without having to unplug anything. If more detail is needed please let me know as I'm sure my explanation isn't the most technical. Thanks in advance

Jan 24, 2020
Still researching and so far I have come up with 2 ways....
Cheap and dirty - Hook laptop to monitor (HDMI), Hook gaming PC up to monitor (DVI, I was told its better than HDMI for gaming) Just switch inputs on monitor when switching. Plug mouse/keyboard/printer or headset into usb hub and transfer that cable between.

Clean but pricey - I think these 2 port DVI KVM switches I found on amazon. So KVM switch to monitor using DVI cable-> PC to KVM using DVI -> Laptop to KVM using HDMI to DVI cable. Plug all peripherals in and use push button to switch between. Price is around 100$ for the KVM switch..... My fear is losing quality on the PC side as I have a 144hz monitor. Work laptop isnt as important for quality.

https://www.amazon.ca/IOGEAR-2-Port...s=kvm+switch+2+port+DVI&qid=1579901703&sr=8-3