L.A. Noire Announced for PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]shaun o[/nom]Why do I get the feeling it will be a port from the xbox 360, where the frame rate suffers in the pc version.[/citation]

I agree. if it was ment for PC they would of made an announcement for PC at the same time, but i never really heard any news till now. I pridict that it will go the same way as other ports. It will piss off a bunch of PC users, will still not be able to take full advantage of the PC be it bad code or sucky cut and paste libraries, and will look like it belongs on a consol and not a PC.

mman74

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
Played it, finished it, loved it. Don't know why they bother with the port. Either they release it together and let people chase what platform they buy on, or they don't bother and leave it console only.
As a result it looks like they it is destined for a half-baked job based on the expectancy that sales will be low.

dormantreign

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]I've learned my lesson. DON'T buy anymore games for PC. I've got this killer graphics card (DirectX 11) and sadly most games don't even make use of it.[/citation]

Battlefield 3 mate ;)

djab

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009

fixed ;)

blppt

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2008
While the framerate left a lot to be desired, the draw distance and overall graphic quality of the GTA4 port left the consoles in the dust, IMHO. I played and finished GTA4 on PC first, and couldnt believe how ugly it looked when I tried it on PS3 shortly after.

heh poor pc performance? get a decent PC

iv never had a pc struggle with it, then again i was amongst the crowd that bought quads when duals were king (Q6600), when people were trying to tell me quads will never be good for gaming or whatever HA

G

Isn't this a bit late? I thought Tom's was at the forefront when it came to breaking news.
http://hashwired.wordpress.com/2011/06/23/l-a-noire-coming-soon-to-a-pc-near-you/

n00bxqb

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
Once they fixed GTA IV for PC (which took forever), it absolutely blew away the consoles. It was an absolute mess, however, for several months and it made me sincerely regret pre-ordering it for PC.

I already beat LA Noire on PS3, probably won't bother getting it for PC since it doesn't have the same fun factor that GTA has (running around blowing stuff up, screwing around, etc.). LA Noire has a good story and unique gameplay, but it gets too repetitive and, once you get to the end, you realize that all the interrogations you did and arrests you made were all completely pointless. It would've been nice if the story weren't so linear.

cold fire

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
[citation][nom]Ashley Collins[/nom]Isn't this a bit late? I thought Tom's was at the forefront when it came to breaking news.http://hashwired.wordpress.com/201 [...] -near-you/[/citation]

That's sarcasm, right? Because everyone knows Tom's is always last when it comes to news.

schmich

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
Even "this fall" would be a lot sooner than Rockstar usually releases their PC games I still find it to be disespectful I bet the game, just like all PC versions they do, will be terribly unoptimized.

I've stopped caring for Rockstar. If I'm a definite second class citizen in their eyes then my money will not go to them. Instead I'll happily pay several times a DICE or ID software game.

G

I wonder if it's going to have a bunch of mods. Drive a 2011 corvette in 1940 :p, nah. I would like more cars from that era though.

reggieray

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
Face it, if the Kiddie console port is crappy to start with don't think they are overly concerned to fix it. PC's are an afterthought to these companies now, thanks to droves of lemming kids and their consoles with parents who will pay $65 (with tax) for games that are usually crap.
Look at the abortion Obsidian released for the PC, Dungeon Siege III. The controls were so F*cked up they actually apologized, LOL.

reggieray

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]I've learned my lesson. DON'T buy anymore games for PC. I've got this killer graphics card (DirectX 11) and sadly most games don't even make use of it.[/citation]
Keep your eye out on Elder Scrolls, SkyRim.

Status
Not open for further replies.