[SOLVED] Lacie 3TB Drive no longer visible in Windows and causing hangup on system startup, disk managment load

rowdy739

Commendable
Sep 20, 2017
Title says most of it. Windows doesn't get past the startup screen unless I turn the drive off. Disk Management won't load, neither will Macrium Reflect. We had the lights go off and come back on so I'm thinking a surge botched something up on the drive itself or with Windows because I had to do a system restore to get that going again to begin with. Help!

Solution
Title says most of it. Windows doesn't get past the startup screen unless I turn the drive off. Disk Management won't load, neither will Macrium Reflect. We had the lights go off and come back on so I'm thinking a surge botched something up on the drive itself or with Windows because I had to do a system restore to get that going again to begin with. Help!

Your disk has gone faulty, as such Windows is having a hard time reading it. If you are not familiar with troubleshooting disk, it is better to send it to nearby technician for troubleshooting if the 3TB is of important data.

wong93

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2012

Your disk has gone faulty, as such Windows is having a hard time reading it. If you are not familiar with troubleshooting disk, it is better to send it to nearby technician for troubleshooting if the 3TB is of important data.

Solution