Question Lag\fps is not the same

Fr3d

Reputable
Aug 24, 2016
So basically I used to play games normaly and had decent fps, as times passed I kept my drivers updated, clean my pc and I don't know if im missing something but i try to do everything for my pc to be up to date and now intead of 200 fps for exemple in fortnite i have 100 and its buggin me because I don't know why that happens, I thought my specs were enough to play everything on low and streched
Apex legends is the same everything on low and i have like 80-100

Is there something i should do like freshly install windows or some cleaning or whatever?

Any tips?

Here's my specs as well
Operating System
Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i5 6600K @ 3.50GHz 34 °C
Skylake 14nm Technology
RAM
16,0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1064MHz (14-14-14-35)
Motherboard
MSI H110M PRO-VD (MS-7996) (U3E1) 35 °C
Graphics
VG248 (1920x1080@144Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (ASUStek Computer Inc) 51 °C
Storage
223GB KINGSTON SUV400S37240G (SATA-2 (SSD)) 30 °C
465GB Seagate ST500DM002-1BD142 (SATA ) 33 °C
Optical Drives
hp DVD A DH16ABLH
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

D

Deleted member 14196

go get a few older versions of your graphics drivers. save them so you can use DDU to remove the new one and install the one that works for you.

First, check CPU temps to make sure normal clock speeds are being achieved for your CPU (3.5 GHz base clock, 3.9 GHz turbo) with temps under 65-70C or so...(If temps hit 100C, you will throttle at about that point....

Then, check for any suspicious processes running, perhaps you picked up some malware somewhere? RUn a Malwarebytes ANtimalware scan, just in case...

As for glitchy software...

MS put out some Windows update patch that robbed a lot of folks' performance about 2-3 weeks ago, then word spread to remove that update, but only hoping that helped...

There is now the WIndows Version 1809 update, just cranked out for general distro two days ago......

If that does not help, I'd be gathering latest drivers on USB, then deleting partition(s)/reinstalling everything...(it takes about 4-5 minutes to lay down a new Win10 Pro install to NVME drive from USB install)

It's also possible with later drivers, Win10 code bloat, etc., that the 4c/4t processors just seem to get slower every few months, even running the same applications that used to work great. Sad, but, what can you do, ...if sticking with WIndows...

(I don't think tinkering with core allocation or parking is going to help anything, folks have gotten screwed tinkering with it and even ended up having to format/reinstall afterwards...,)

Fr3d

Reputable
Aug 24, 2016
CPU temps are normally alright the usage goes to 100% tho, but latelly has been on 60\70
I ran a antimalware and found nothing but tracking cookies i guess removed them all
Gotta see what to do with the windows update then idk, might try to reinstall the games as well to see if something happens (fortnite 45gb so it might clear some space) and if nothing works ahahah i guess i should get a new cpu and motherboard any suggestions for good and not that expensive?