Lag in games on high end pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 2, 2018
so i upgraded my pc
-motherboard: msi B250M bazoeka
-cpu: intel core i-5 7600K
-gpu: nvidia geforce gtx 1060 (MSI armoaurd edition)
-power suply: corsair 850 watt
-ram: 2x corsair vangeng lpx 8gb 1200 Mhz
-HDD: 2x seagate baracude 1TB 7.2 rpm
cpu cooling: cooler master master liquet lite 120

so my problem is that if i play a game white a big map like "GtaV, Rust, ..." i lag.
but not every one like "Fallout 4, PUBG,..." aldo PUBG takes a thon of time to load.
smaller games are fine. every game i play i get 60-100 FPS but i get sudden lag spikes that make it inposible to play

at this point i am stuck i alredy try a clean win install nvidia drivers are up to date.
SO HELP!!

EDIT: lowering graphics setting doesn't help somtimes it even makes it worse

Solution
I agree. Get yourself a second monitor or use MSI afterburner and monitor your HDD performance load while you game. I bet your HDD is pegged at 100%. This is because you only have 8gb of system memory which causes a large or compressed page file that has to decompress. This results in excessive disk I/O. If you only have 8gb of system memory, upgrade to 16gb.
I agree. Get yourself a second monitor or use MSI afterburner and monitor your HDD performance load while you game. I bet your HDD is pegged at 100%. This is because you only have 8gb of system memory which causes a large or compressed page file that has to decompress. This results in excessive disk I/O. If you only have 8gb of system memory, upgrade to 16gb.

Solution
Oct 2, 2018

Well i play Rust and i my ram never got beyond 70 - 80 % load

Oct 2, 2018

i ran the test (Shot Drive Self Test) and these are the results

-DRIVE1: ST1000DM003-1ER162 = Pass
-DRIVE2: ST1000DM010-2EP102 = Pass

OP, then start doing this stuff mentioned above

Oct 2, 2018

i upgraded to 16 and now it works

I had the same problem.

try to stabilize your CPU PERFORMANCE by setting your CPU clock and ratio of core clocks to static or fixed (not dynamic) and turn off Enhanced Intel Turbo Boost or EIST to achieve the most stable CPU state (These settings can be found in your BIOS OC settings most likely).
Set power settings to ultimate performance:
https://www.thewindowsclub.com/ultimate-performance-power-plan
Nvidia control panel set to high performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.