I just purchased a new DLP HDTV and when I hook up my PS2 to it, I encounter
a split second lag that ruins the sports games I try to play (Madden, MLB
2K).

Do I need to get any kind of special wires or am I basically screwed?

480i is interlaced.... 480p is progressive scan

some games allow for it... but not all.... look into the video settings
of your games

Some DLP sets do have lag. Are you hooked up with component cables? Some
games display this problem worse when in 480i mode. It can help if the game
supports 480p. (see www.hdtvarcade.com) There may also be settings in your
HDTV such as enhancers that can be turned off to decrease the lag.

"Postal68" <postal68@verizon.net> wrote in message
>I just purchased a new DLP HDTV and when I hook up my PS2 to it, I
>encounter a split second lag that ruins the sports games I try to play
>(Madden, MLB 2K).
>
> Do I need to get any kind of special wires or am I basically screwed?

Ok you got me.
I'm pretty good with technical talk but what's the difference between 480i
and 480p?

"Ollie T" <hello@hello.com> wrote in message
> Some DLP sets do have lag. Are you hooked up with component cables? Some
> games display this problem worse when in 480i mode. It can help if the
> game supports 480p. (see www.hdtvarcade.com) There may also be settings
> in your HDTV such as enhancers that can be turned off to decrease the lag.
>

> "Postal68" <postal68@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>I just purchased a new DLP HDTV and when I hook up my PS2 to it, I
>>encounter a split second lag that ruins the sports games I try to play
>>(Madden, MLB 2K).
>>
>> Do I need to get any kind of special wires or am I basically screwed?

Ahhhh
Gotcha, I should have known that, Geez

I thought I remember seeing somewhere a way to make your PS2 progressive
scan, or was I just seeing things?

"Pop-N-Fresh" <linux.server@charter.net> wrote in message
> 480i is interlaced.... 480p is progressive scan

sarah

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 19:20:07 GMT, "Postal68" <postal68@verizon.net>
wrote:

>I just purchased a new DLP HDTV and when I hook up my PS2 to it, I encounter
>a split second lag that ruins the sports games I try to play (Madden, MLB
>2K).
>
>Do I need to get any kind of special wires or am I basically screwed?

did you turn on component inputs in the game menus if it has it?