[SOLVED] Lag Only When Fighting In Fortnite

Jan 30, 2019
As the title says I only begin to lag when pushing someone. My ping rises to 300+ and I rubberband and often times my game freezes. This has only occurred after the latest update.

Before the latest update I would sit at 20-30 ping, 60 at the highest. I’ve tested this in game, and when standing still my ping drops to 20-30, like before the update. However, as soon as I try pushing someone, and stop standing still, my ping goes up to 300, my game freezes completely, and my game comes back after I get BM’d.

My download is 150, my upload is 25, I do stream, but even after completely turning off OBS I still lag.

Ask any questions if necessary, the game is unplayable for me atm.

Is there any way to fix this?

Solution
Seems like an issue with the update. I would wait for a patch release and see if you have any driver updates available in the meantime. I'd also try searching online to see if anyone else is having the issue.

GangstaSlime

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2015
Seems like an issue with the update. I would wait for a patch release and see if you have any driver updates available in the meantime. I'd also try searching online to see if anyone else is having the issue.

Solution