lagging

G

Hi

Since i have installed win2k on my computer i've noticed that it is substantially slower than when i was running win98. The main issue is that the mouse cursor often lags and it takes longer for some of the websites i visit to load. I'm running a 1.1 thunderbird on a MSI K7Tpro-2 mobo. My videocard is a A-I-W RAdeon 32mb and my soundcard is a SBLIVE/value. 256mb of ram. I do think my specs are sufficinet enough to be running an operating system a rapid pace. If any one has any suggestions please help me....

G

do you have all the windows updates and service pack 2? have you loaded all the driver updates for your hardware? How about the via 4 in 1 drivers?

ignore everything i say

G

I have more or less the same problem. SP2 just increased the lag! I honestly think it's something to do with the MSI mobos.

G

I've been actually having the same kinds of problems, before and after service pack 2! I’m not really sure what can be causing it, but I do know that I’m severely annoyed by it. I just recently put this computer together – Abit KG7-RAID motherboard, 1Ghz AMD K7-266 Tbird, Soundblaster live value, two sticks of PC2100 256mb memory, a 3D Blaster using Nvidia’s Geforce 256 chipset, and two Maxtor 7200rpm 40 gig drives in a RAID 0 array, being run off the onboard RAID controller. It’s just driving me nuts because the system should be doing better than fine, and instead it has slowdown issues? Anyone else with similar issues, or better yet, a way to fix them?