Question laggy performance

Malik_13

Reputable
Mar 11, 2016
I have decided to make my old pc to work. I bought a new motherboard( asus p5 kpl se) and used processor of core 2 duo 3.1ghz ( e8500) Ram 4gb ddr2. I assembled all of the components but the performance is too much laggy. 1st I installed windows 10 then windows 7 2nd gen then old version of windows 7. the performance on all windows is same. Can somebody help me?

Malik_13

Reputable
Mar 11, 2016
What is your full system spec? What storage drives are you using?
When you say it is laggy, what applications, in what way?
I'm using SATA WD 250 gb drive. vga nvidia 8400gs. what you mean by full specs of pc?
The windows overall is laggy can't say it just lagss on a particular app. sometimes my usb mouse n keyboard also starts to lag( mouse will work sometimes n will stop for a second same for keyboard). it usually lags when I put a little load on it. for example if I copy paste something it will start lagging if I open 2 or 3 apps it will start lagging.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I'm using SATA WD 250 gb drive. vga nvidia 8400gs. what you mean by full specs of pc?
The windows overall is laggy can't say it just lagss on a particular app. sometimes my usb mouse n keyboard also starts to lag( mouse will work sometimes n will stop for a second same for keyboard). it usually lags when I put a little load on it. for example if I copy paste something it will start lagging if I open 2 or 3 apps it will start lagging.
Full spec as follows:
Motherboard:
CPU:
CPU Cooler:
RAM:
GPU:
Storage:
PSU (make and model):

Reactions: Malik_13

Malik_13

Reputable
Mar 11, 2016
Motherboard:
Full spec as follows:
Motherboard: Asus P5KPL-AM Se
CPU: Core 2 duo 3.1ghz 6mb cache ( e8500)
CPU Cooler: intel cooler wasn't working well so I replaced it with akasa cooler fan
RAM: 4gb ddr2
GPU: nvidia 8400 gs 1 gb
Storage: WD 250 gb
PSU (make and model): custom made

Malik_13

Reputable
Mar 11, 2016
im going to update my problem. laggy performance was solved with adjusting the fan speed now i just have problems with usb port. when i attach two or more usb at a time they dont work well. i.e mouse will disappear or while typing keyboard will stop working. it even happens in bios settings

Malik_13

Reputable
Mar 11, 2016
It could be various things.
You'll probably want to open task manager and monitor was component usage you're getting. I suspect one or more of your components will be regularly peaking at 100%.
If the storage drive is quite full, then this can also cause drawbacks.
i wasnt able to add picture here in thread can you see my dp for monitor of devices.and the storage device isnt full.