[SOLVED] LAN not detecting wired devices.

Morania

Prominent
Mar 12, 2019
We have a wired LAN going on. It works fine for all except me. There are quite a few details in this situation. I'll do my best.

I have internet by way of the LAN with zero issues.

My desktop won't detect the MyCloud drive, my other desktop computer, or my wired printer. Sometimes, it doesn't even detect my own computer and I have to reset the LAN and it's listed under Network again.

The other desktop detects these just fine (as long as my device is showing up in my own Network).

My Surface is using the WiFi and it is detected by my desktop's Network. (I don't have wireless on my desktop.) I assume that the router is able to send the Surface by way of the ethernet cable.

So far:
All the Windows 10 settings have been checked, checked, and rechecked. The internet is full of LAN settings advice.
I updated the MSI B450 Realtek Ethernet drivers to the latest.
Windows is updated to version 2004. This was supposed to correct known LAN issues.

I'm beginning to think that, anything short of reloading Windows, that I may need a PCI Ethernet controller. This onboard one could be failing? The google only finds solutions for people with no internet connections (not my problem),

Solution
So this happened:
I un/reinstalled the drivers to my Network Adapter. Nothing.
I changed the CAT cable from the computer to the router. Nothing.
I searched endlessly for solutions. Nothing.
I was searching for PCI Network Adapter cards to replace the Realtek junk on this junk motherboard and then, I looked down in Windows Explorer to find family computers and the NAS- all accessible by me and other software. Magically, overnight, it's fixed.

What.

The.

Hell.

I'm still considering a PCI Ethernet adapter or a new MOBO, but in the meantime, I have no idea what fixed the issue. I hate that. Nothing to learn from or share with others.

Morania

Prominent
Mar 12, 2019
So this happened:
I un/reinstalled the drivers to my Network Adapter. Nothing.
I changed the CAT cable from the computer to the router. Nothing.
I searched endlessly for solutions. Nothing.
I was searching for PCI Network Adapter cards to replace the Realtek junk on this junk motherboard and then, I looked down in Windows Explorer to find family computers and the NAS- all accessible by me and other software. Magically, overnight, it's fixed.

What.

The.

Hell.

I'm still considering a PCI Ethernet adapter or a new MOBO, but in the meantime, I have no idea what fixed the issue. I hate that. Nothing to learn from or share with others.

Solution