Question Laptop and USB-C Dongle DAC ?

How about other device like usb gamepad, keyboard, usb hub, etc? Have same risk?

Actually I want to buy new cheap DAC USB C dongle (if you know avani/abigail). But I afraid it will damage my laptop or phone in the future.
Everything you plug into a USB port has the same risk of causing some sort of damage. However, as long as you get your peripherals from reputable vendors and sellers, this risk is practically 0.

Reactions: Wolfinch
Jan 13, 2022
Everything you plug into a USB port has the same risk of causing some sort of damage. However, as long as you get your peripherals from reputable vendors and sellers, this risk is practically 0.
thats the problem. I dont know the quality of this DAC. Actually it is DAC from China that as far as I know, has no brand. But still, some people saud it have good sound quality. I never heard any issue with this DAC, but I'm still afraid

thats the problem. I dont know the quality of this DAC. Actually it is DAC from China that as far as I know, has no brand. But still, some people saud it have good sound quality. I never heard any issue with this DAC, but I'm still afraid
"From China" as in it was made in China like everything else, or a Chinese company is directly selling it?

Either way, if you're not comfortable with the thought of plugging in something from whoever's selling it, then don't get it. Find someone else you're more comfortable with.

Jan 13, 2022
"From China" as in it was made in China like everything else, or a Chinese company is directly selling it?
From what I know. It's from China company that have no brand. Sellers who buy from them will brand themselves with a logo or something. So there are some items with different brands even though they are actually from the same factory

Either way, if you're not comfortable with the thought of plugging in something from whoever's selling it, then don't get it. Find someone else you're more comfortable with.
Im not confortable but I dont know It's logic or just paranoid, thats why I ask. There's a lot of good brand but it's expensive, out of budget.