Question Laptop ASUS ROG GL553VD doesnt recognize M.2 SSD

barnabas.666

Prominent
Feb 28, 2020
Hello,

Im trying to upgrade my laptop ASUS ROG GL553VD with M.2 SSD (Crucial P5 500GB M.2 SSD • PCIe NVMe Gen 3 • 3400 MB/s Read, 3000 MB/s Write). According to this scanner result it should be available upgrade for this laptop:

crucial system scan results

But my BIOS doesnt recognize it. I have latest version of BIOS 308. I even tried to remove HDD to see if there isnt any conflict with this device but still nothing.

Any idea where could be the problem?

Thanks for any help :)

Oct 6, 2020
Try to boot in UEFI mode I think?.. Because new Nvme drives are not resgistered as active have no appropriate FS blocks. Or insert into other working PC and follow below steps
  • Open the Start Menu and search for Command Prompt (CMD). Right Click on the app and select “Run as administrator”. You can also use DiskPart in Windows PowerShell, if you so desire.
  • Type diskpart and press Enter.
  • Type list disk to show all the connected drives on the computer.
  • Then select the Nvme drive by typing select disk x (X is the disk number in table)
  • Type clean to wipe ALL the data in the drive. Please be reminded that everything on the selected drive will be deleted permanently.
  • Type create partition primary to create a new partition in the cleaned drive.
  • Type format fs=ntfs to format the partition
  • Wait 15 to 30 minutes for it to finish the formatting. Do not remove the drive, unless it is 100% completed
  • If you use windows in uefi mode then type convert gpt and press Enter before creating primary partition.

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS