Question Laptop battery drains to zero overnight when it's turned off ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amkanba

Distinguished
May 10, 2014
Hello everyone. I got my laptop's battery repaired due to an issue I posted earlier here: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/laptop-no-longer-runs-on-battery-stuck-at-0.3790534/

I am satisfied with their service so far. The battery runs for about 4-5 hours although it takes longer to charge than before (Around 2 hours instead of 1).

Whenever I shut my laptop off and leave it overnight, I am almost always greeted with a 0% battery the following day. I do not know why this is happening and I would appreciate any help regarding how I can find out what the issue is and how to get it diagnosed.

My laptop is an Asus Zenbook Pro Duo (UX581GV)

Thank you all in advance!

Hello everyone. I got my laptop's battery repaired due to an issue I posted earlier here: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/laptop-no-longer-runs-on-battery-stuck-at-0.3790534/

I am satisfied with their service so far. The battery runs for about 4-5 hours although it takes longer to charge than before (Around 2 hours instead of 1).

Whenever I shut my laptop off and leave it overnight, I am almost always greeted with a 0% battery the following day. I do not know why this is happening and I would appreciate any help regarding how I can find out what the issue is and how to get it diagnosed.

My laptop is an Asus Zenbook Pro Duo (UX581GV)

Thank you all in advance!
Do you fully shut your computer off?
Where did you get the battery replaced at?

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

amkanba

Distinguished
May 10, 2014
I was unable to procure a new battery. As I've mentioned in the post I got it repaired (Basically had some of its cells swapped out).

I did shut it down like one usually would. I let it shut down today and left it for 2 hours and that did not drop any% of my battery. It's something that happens on occasion and I'm not sure why.

Status
Not open for further replies.