Question Laptop battery failure for the third time

neznemi

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2014
So basically last summer, my 4-year-old laptop's (HP Pavilion Model 15-bc009nc Product number: W7T17EA#BCM) battery got really weak. I decided it was time to change the battery. I went to a legit laptop fix store where they ordered a compatible battery (since this model isn't on the market anymore, they couldn't access the original battery but found a compatible one).
After using this battery for about 2-3 months, one day out of nowhere the battery stopped charging (its level was at 0% and I needed to always charge my laptop if I wanted to work on it). I went to the store where they changed the battery and they ordered a replacement one.

Just now, after again about 2-3 months, this battery stopped working too. It is very weird that in both cases it took almost exact time for both to fail. At the same time, the last complaint that they had was from me three months ago which means for other customers the replaced batteries seem to be working fine. What can be the reason? Maybe I just got unlucky? Can there be sth wrong with my laptop? Or maybe it's the fact that both my laptop and the replaced battery are from the Czech Republic (EU) whereas I live in the U.K. and the voltage here is different than in the EU - but shouldn't this only affect things like a hairdryer or a fridge?

I am thankful for any suggestions!

neznemi

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2014
I’ve never had a good experience of 3rd party batteries. I know this doesn’t help when you can not buy an original OEM battery. This to me is typical poor quality 3rd part batteries that just don’t last.
Yes I agree that their quality might be poor (might actually not last as long and drain quickly, but I thought they would last at least a year or two, not stop working after 3 months, well next time I know)