Question Laptop battery is suddenly showing 0% and the battery warning light flashes continuously ?

Jul 3, 2024
Laptop model: Toshiba Satellite L955-10F

I know it is ageing but I like it and have changed the hard disk to SSD. It is always plugged into the mains and has never been used as a portable.

The battery is suddenly showing 0% and the battery warning light flashes continuously whch is distracting to say the least.

Am I able to remove the battery permanently or will it affect the laptop adversely. I take it this will not stop the annoying flashing light?

Any help appreciated.

Most laptops with changeable batteries work without, as long as the charger cable is connected.

If that situation is workable for you, then go for it. If you can work while connected to a charger 24/7 then that is perfectly fine. Your laptop should work perfectly fine without its battery, no negative effects.

Silas Sanchez

Proper
Feb 2, 2024
Cant trust anything that goes on inside a laptop battery, you cant trust something that has been made by people who advocate filling up landfill and their bank accounts.

One potential issue with not running with a battery is is the AC brick adaptor might not be large enough (wattage) and the laptop cpu may throttle hard and perf suffer.

TRENDING THREADS