Laptop being bottlenecked,don t know why

Sep 10, 2020
I have a laptop that I bought 3 years ago with the following specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700HQ 2.6 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR4
A while ago (few months) I began to have issues in with fps drops under 60 in League of Legends,especially in teamfights(bassicly when there is a lot going on on the screen).
I tried quite a bunch of things,which I will list below and I didnt manage to fix the problem and I am out of ideeas .
How do I know it s bottlenecked? Well I usually play league on the highest settings and I tried the lowest settings and nothing changed. I get 120 FPS when the game starts,usually around 10 when playing the game but fps drops under 60 in teamfights. Furthermore, I also played CSGO yesterday and had the same issues : Had 100 FPS and drops to 50 on high settings, lowered all the settings to the lowest ,restarted the game and still had fps from 120-50( maybe max fps improved by 20 but still had fps drops under 60).
The things I have tried:
-Reinstalled Windows
-Reinstalled drivers for CPU and GPU drivers
-Ran the game as Administrator
-Disabled Full Screen Optimization
-Made sure laptop is running in High performance mode
-Disabled NVDIA laptop savings from NVDIA Geforce
-Disabled NVDIA Overlay
-Performed a clean boot
-Opened up the laptop to clear the fan from dust but I didn t apply thermal paste or whatever.
As for the Temperatures,the outside gets a bit hot,but defenetly not burning or anything. I checked the temperatures using MSI Afterburner and the GPU was at atound 70 degrees Celcius and as for the 8 cores of the processor some were around 70,some around 80.
I know my laptop is not the most powerful machine but I don t think I should be having trouble running these games if not at maximum at least at LOWEST settings,something is clearly wrong.
Thank you for the your time.

Sep 10, 2020
Thank you for your reply.
None of them are at 100 % in the aferburner, the GPU ranges fro 40 to 60 % maximum ,out of the 8 cores of the proccessor one is close to 80% while others are at 20 ,30%.
I have a 1920 1080 screen with 60 GHz, I know what is above 60 won t make a difference but that s not what s bothering me ,it s the time it drops to 40-50. I have tried both vsing on and off and a manual cap to 60,the fps still drops to 40-50.
Lastly,the video you liked me is only about gameplay settings -key beindings,nothing to do with video settings which I did mention I tried from the highest settings to abosulute lowest settings and it was bassicly the same which is why I know for sure it s a bottleneck issue.
To add to the things I have tried : Update my bios
Can anyone help me? Thank you for your time

These games can't really make the most out of the CPU since the number of threads they can run on average is lower than the total number of threads the CPU can run.

So the CPU is the bottleneck here, but its single-core performance is the reason.

Sep 10, 2020
Yes I am using the NVDIA 960 GPU.
I ve also tried all the things in the thread u linked,didn t do much.
I did some more testing . I enabled every thing I could monitor on MSI afterburner and here s what I found.
There is a limit indicator aprently when it shows when ur GPU is limited. Voltage Limit,no load limit(the gpu has nothing to work on) ,Temperature limit etc.
I enabled it,and I found out that most of the time it says no load limit ,sometimes it says temperature limit when the temps reach 80 Degrees celcius which somtimes coincides (not all the time) with the frame drops.
To me ,80 degress for a laptop is not that much,my laptop is clear of dust,cleaned it a few months ago but I didnt replace the thermal paste.
I will look to replace it in the next week. I am not sure it will fix the problem but we ll see.

SteveRX4

Notable
BANNED
Sep 29, 2020
VSync really only stops tearing by preventing the moniotr running fps over it's specified refresh rate.
If you are running under 60 fps on a 60Hz monitor you shouldn't have a problem.

LoL low settings, 1080p on a 960M should run at https://www.userbenchmark.com/PCGame/FPS-Estimates-League-of-Legends/3761/27242.0.Low.1080p.0 - average 120fps

Other people have had problems eg Vsync holding them back to 60fps - View: https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/5iy0bm/i7_6700hq_960m_4gb_league_of_legends_low_fps/

These guys say you shopuld be running higher - https://www.gpucheck.com/compare-ga...-2700k-3-50ghz-vs-intel-core-i7-4790k-4-00ghz

Have you got internet problems? What Speedtest results do you get?