Question Laptop black screen but power on

Feb 20, 2024
need answer. i have a laptop that would randomly black screen. but the power is on. i have to constantly plug it to power.

Lutfij

Titan
need answer.
People in this community will chime in when they've found the time to do so. Demanding for an answer usually dissuades anyone from providing a constructive suggestion.

Make and model of your laptop? An SKU would help us two fold. What OS are you working with? Have you tried disconnecting from the wall, disconnecting the battery from the laptop then removing the sticks of ram, ad pressing and holding down the power button for 30secs to discharge the laptop's residual power?

DS426

Proper
May 15, 2024
Hard to say if LCD will need replaced or it's a driver or OS problem. I would start by hooking up another monitor and seeing what you can find out about your system.

Does the display stay black until you power cycle the laptop?

Feb 20, 2024
Hard to say if LCD will need replaced or it's a driver or OS problem. I would start by hooking up another monitor and seeing what you can find out about your system.

thank you for your help. i am attaching a screen shot of my device. i do not wish to send this to the repair. out of warranty. i did post this issue earlier on but there has been no response. thats why i just structure the question as is. i do not demand answer, i can wait. this is a forum. not a paid service. i appreciate your advice so far.

screenshot of device temperatur. CPU GPU

i have followed your advice. disconnected from main. disconnecting the batter cause the time and date to out of sync. unable to remove RAM since its built in. discharged the residual power. i even removed every peripherals

what happened then was DPC Watchdog Violation stop code error. blue screen. then the wifi hardware. was not detected.

what usually happen it would just black screen. power running. connected to external display via HDMI. no signal detected.

Feb 20, 2024
need answer.
People in this community will chime in when they've found the time to do so. Demanding for an answer usually dissuades anyone from providing a constructive suggestion.

Make and model of your laptop? An SKU would help us two fold. What OS are you working with? Have you tried disconnecting from the wall, disconnecting the battery from the laptop then removing the sticks of ram, ad pressing and holding down the power button for 30secs to discharge the laptop's residual power?
thank you for your help. i am attaching a screen shot of my device. i do not wish to send this to the repair. out of warranty. i did post this issue earlier on but there has been no response. thats why i just structure the question as is. i do not demand answer, i can wait. this is a forum. not a paid service. i appreciate your advice so far.

screenshot of device temperatur. CPU GPU

i have followed your advice. disconnected from main. disconnecting the batter cause the time and date to out of sync. unable to remove RAM since its built in. discharged the residual power. i even removed every peripherals

what happened then was DPC Watchdog Violation stop code error. blue screen. then the wifi hardware. was not detected.

what usually happen it would just black screen. power running. connected to external display via HDMI. no signal detected.

Feb 20, 2024
Screenshot of my current device

Hello, the above is hosted on IMG BB. i have a laptop that would randomly black screen but power is on and fan is on.
Already removed the battery. Discharged the power 30s hold. RAM is build in. Cant remove RAM.
Tried to connect to external display via HDMI. no signal detected

Please advice?

Lutfij

Titan
Stick to one thread please, unless you want to create spaghetti brains for yourself and the community members trying to assist you.

Try and see if you can remain in BIOS for 30mins. You might want see if you can enter Safe Mode and remain there, if nothing happens, backup all mission critical data and then you should contemplate reinstalling your OS after creating your bootable USB installer for Windows 11.

I asked for the make and model of your laptop, which could've come off the sticker under your laptop(or on the laptop's box/packaging).

Feb 20, 2024
Stick to one thread please, unless you want to create spaghetti brains for yourself and the community members trying to assist you.

Try and see if you can remain in BIOS for 30mins. You might want see if you can enter Safe Mode and remain there, if nothing happens, backup all mission critical data and then you should contemplate reinstalling your OS after creating your bootable USB installer for Windows 11.

I asked for the make and model of your laptop, which could've come off the sticker under your laptop(or on the laptop's box/packaging).
this is not helpful at all. calling me spaghetti brain is does not solve the issue.
please check my history. i did posted this question in Februar 2024. how long more do i have to wait? February 2025?

i am not able to hold into BIOS as the laptop would freeze at startup. black screen. temperature is high at 80c on idle. DPC Watchdog violation.

Make and Model: Avita Liber V14 AMD Ryzen 7 4700U

Feb 20, 2024

I suspect its a motherboard or MOSFET? definitely not LCD issue. i did a clean install Windows 11. using an external display via HDMI it says, no signal detected.

black screen. fan is running. screen stay black until i force power shut down