Question Laptop + Bluetooth speaker problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

thejiang

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2014
I have a LENRUE A15 IPX7 bluetooth speaker.
I've been using it fine for about 2 weeks, until recently on the first startup of my laptop, the bluetooth speaker would stop pairing whenever I turn it on to try. However when I RESTART the laptop, it pairs automatically.
I've tried disconnecting, restarting, un-pairing/re-pairing the bluetooth speaker.
I've tried disabling bluetooth, re-enabling, uninstalling/re-installing/updating bluetooth drivers.
I've tried "forget this device" turning off laptop, then turning on laptop the next day.
I've also used the reset button on the bluetooth speaker.
Nothing works.

Only thing that works is restarting the laptop, unfortunately my laptop takes a little longer to restart so it gets quite tedious.
Why does it pair only after restarting the laptop at least once?
And is there a way to turn off the laptop with the bluetooth speaker so that it doesn't forget that it can pair on the next restart? Or something?

Last edited:

thejiang

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2014
Is there a way to make the speakers 'forget' the previous pairing? Many of them do it automatically when you go to re-pair but some may have a specific process to do so.
I have already tried to "forget device" aswell, it doesn't work either. Cause when I "forget device" turn on laptop the next day. It says "cannot be paired" then 1 restart, allows me to pair it. It makes no sense!@#

thejiang

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2014
Is there a proper way to restart the laptop with a bluetooth speaker paired? So that it ensures proper pairing the next startup? Maybe that's what's causing it to not pair the next morning.

thejiang

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2014
Nope a restart is a restart.
Are you restarting, powering off, sleeping, or hibernating?
I'm just restarting.

I meant as in, should I be disabling bluetooth (on PC) before hand, then restarting, then enable bluetooth. Whenever I turn off the laptop. Like a proper procedure.

Or should I unpair, forget device, then turn off laptop (before turning it back on again)

I'm just restarting.

I meant as in, should I be disabling bluetooth (on PC) before hand, then restarting, then enable bluetooth. Whenever I turn off the laptop. Like a proper procedure.

Or should I unpair, forget device, then turn off laptop (before turning it back on again)
No need to do any of this.
Some devices connect automatically when the computer reboots (or is turned off and back on) but it depends on the device. A friend of mine's speakers automatically reconnect but YMMV.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.