Laptop can't find wifi while others can

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
the only other option is to find go back under that wifi card andcopy the name of the wifi adapter into Google and find a new driver.

remember check to amke sure your secondary switch/button is on and not set to disabled or else you will nto see any wireless connections either.

the switch is usually on the front or side and the toggle will be the blue fn key and usually f5.
try right clicking on my computer and hitting mange, hit device manager and scroll to network adapters and expand it and select your wifi card. from there hit uninstall but do not remove the driver. after that look up top for a computer with a magnifying glass and it will scan for changes which will then reinstall your driver for your wireless.

warning this will remove all saved wireless passwords......

ive used this many times to fix this problem on peoples laptops and it usually works. if it doesnt help you will need a new wireless card installed most likely

soh

Honorable
Nov 7, 2013
Hi 06yfz450ridr~~

i'm very GRATEFUL for your answer, I finally can connect my wifi now without searching for expert to format my laptop.

THX a lot!!!!

:)

Regards,
Soh frm Malaysia

melorked Cha

Honorable
Dec 3, 2013
What is wifi card?

123_abc

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014

I tried your answer.but unfortunately it doesn't work.Is there any other option to do? Thank you

the only other option is to find go back under that wifi card andcopy the name of the wifi adapter into Google and find a new driver.

remember check to amke sure your secondary switch/button is on and not set to disabled or else you will nto see any wireless connections either.

the switch is usually on the front or side and the toggle will be the blue fn key and usually f5.

Solution

Csha

Reputable
Mar 25, 2014

I try our answer but unfortunately my laptop doesn't have wifi card. It has only bluetooth Device. How could I fix it?

Theodore0303

Reputable
Mar 26, 2014
Thanks, my laptop finally can detect my house wifi, but there is another problem. There is limited access on the wifi while my second laptop can connect the wifi smoothly. What can I do?

MartinWilson

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013

Can you provide a little more detail? Does the laptop get a valid IP address?

thaisa

Reputable
Apr 11, 2014

Hi there, I just got an Acer aspire V5-121
I have tried everything but it simply dosent work the wifi, it says to connect via cable. Do you have any idea what I can do?

zal_lyna

Reputable
Apr 28, 2014

Hi I tried your answer and I finally can detect the unifi at my house. However, I tried to key in the password so many times but it still not connected. What can I do ?

Computeranswers

Reputable
Jul 16, 2014
this worked great thank you very very much!!!!

Kanis Fatema

Reputable
Jul 20, 2014
"after that look up top for a computer with a magnifying glass and it will scan for changes which will then reinstall your driver for your wireless." I can't understand this part. can someone please explain to me.

Jean Sarah Aguel

Reputable
Aug 23, 2014

there will be an option when you click in computer management/devicemanager up top once you have clicked anywhere in the panel.

just select your pc name up top it will pop up

Joe85239

Reputable
Oct 28, 2014
I tried multiple times to uninstall the wifi card but it won't uninstall it just sits thre loading for a long time.. I don't know what to do since my laptop isn't letting it uninstall

cant say i have ever seen that did you try rebooting for the heck of it and running in safe mode with networking and try and remove it there.? I would have it hardwired and find a newer driver as well.

if its an intel machine just browse to intel.com and have it automatically search for drivers under support/drivers

if it isnt supported go to your manufacturers site

Khaison Duong

Reputable
Nov 23, 2014
I have a similar problem with a bit of a work around.. I'm not sure if it works for others and I'm also trying to understand it myself because it is a bit annoying. My laptop will always see my wifi network but sometimes my wife's MacAir or my moms Samsung tablet will suddenly not be able to see the network. By freak luck I discovered that turning on and then off the MAC filter fixes this problem. From my laptop, I type in (192.168.1.1) to access my modem and under the wireless settings, I activate and immediately deactivate the MAC filter and then hit save. (If I wait more than 3 seconds to deactivate the MAC filter, then my laptop will not connect and I have to use another device to access the modem settings so be sure to do it quickly.) When I hit save, all devices will be able to see the network. But this only lasts until the next day, especially with my mom's tablet. With my wife's it can last months before having to do it. It's a workaround for me but pretty annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.