Laptop completely shuts down every night at same time

Jul 21, 2018
My Latitude E6540 laptop, running Windows 10, automatically shuts itself down every night between 11:00 and 11:10, whether I am using it or not. Haven't found any settings that will stop this. I am just your everyday laptop user, not overly techy. Can you help please?

Solution
Did you get that computer new or used?
Are you the only user?
Maybe another user or a previous user created a task to shutdown at specific time.

Open Task Scheduler, on the left pane select Task Scheduler Library and on the middle pane look for any schedule that shuts down the system. You can disable the task on the right pane.

Also it could be the Automatic Maintenance a feature of Windows 10. Automatic Maintenance is shown in Action Center in the Maintenance section, where you can change Change maintenance settings.
Did you get that computer new or used?
Are you the only user?
Maybe another user or a previous user created a task to shutdown at specific time.

Open Task Scheduler, on the left pane select Task Scheduler Library and on the middle pane look for any schedule that shuts down the system. You can disable the task on the right pane.

Also it could be the Automatic Maintenance a feature of Windows 10. Automatic Maintenance is shown in Action Center in the Maintenance section, where you can change Change maintenance settings.

Solution
Jul 21, 2018