[SOLVED] Laptop components

Sep 29, 2019
Hello, I am considering buying an ASUS laptop for heavy browsing, document editing (mostly text) and eventualy pratice programming and some light gaming.
These are the specifications:
CPU: i5-5200U 2.2GHz
RAM: 8GB DDR3
GPU: NVIDIA GT940m 2GB
STORAGE: SSD 180GB + HDD120GB
Full HD 15.6" display
I just care for it to run smoothly dor some basic tasks and some light gaming
P.S. Not looking for optimal perfomance on some newer and older games like high graphics settings with 60fps just casual 30fps. Also the laptop is second hand but has been refurbished at a store so my question is it worth it with all of these things in mind?
Best regards

Solution
Here's some benchmarks of the GTX940M Not a stretch of the imagination to say that card is not a "gaming" GPU. But if you're positive that this is the best your budget can get you, then there's not much else to say about it.

Spec-wise, there's nothing on that list that looks unnatural. I'd just take out the 120GB HDD. How'd they even find a drive with such small capacity?
Sep 29, 2019
We can't answer "is it worth it" without knowing what the price tag is and what country you're in.
It is worth about 300€ or BAM. I am buying it in Bosnia and Herzegowina.
Im more interested are these components satisfactory for the things I listed and are they good in general and also do they have any drawbacks or such?
Im not looking for any kind of special answer so any kind of insight will. If I have a specific question I will ask.
Best regards

Here's some benchmarks of the GTX940M Not a stretch of the imagination to say that card is not a "gaming" GPU. But if you're positive that this is the best your budget can get you, then there's not much else to say about it.

Spec-wise, there's nothing on that list that looks unnatural. I'd just take out the 120GB HDD. How'd they even find a drive with such small capacity?

Last edited:
Solution