Question Laptop connected to Wi-Fi, can only browse but programs do not detect internet

minun

Distinguished
May 27, 2010
Model: 2016 Razer Blade Stealth RZ09-0196 12.5" QHD i7-7500U
No Router
Modem: CGM4140COM by Technicolor

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
System Manufacturer Razer
System Model Blade Stealth
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU RZ09-01962E11
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz, 2901 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Razer 6.05, 1/26/2017
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 15.9 GB
Available Physical Memory 13.5 GB

ISP: Rogers Cable
22 devices connected but less then 10 active at a time

My laptop connects to the internet and is able to browse but programs & apps acts like they are not connected to the internet, examples like OneDrive is stuck on signing in, Sticky Notes can not detect internet, Can not use Windows Update, Weather says there is no internet, can not use search bar etc...an example image

View: https://imgur.com/a/u6Dy6kJ

It wasn't always like this, when I troubleshoot I get "Windows can't automatically detect this network's settings" and sometimes instead of signals I see "Connected but No Internet, secured"

I appreciate it if I can get help figuring this out so I can use my laptop normally!

minun

Distinguished
May 27, 2010
When I say 10, it's like 2 phones, a game console, 2 computers, google home mini, smart lightbulb

It is the only device having this problem and yes I have connected it during hours where it would be like one of 3 active devices connected

Well I can control the modem through the ip too but I wouldn't know what im looking for

minun

Distinguished
May 27, 2010
I would like to update

I connected to someone else's internet and restarted my laptop, several times and it was consistently normal with the programs detecting internet

Does this mean there is a conflict with my network and my laptop even though others devices are fine?

May 13, 2020
I would like to update

I connected to someone else's internet and restarted my laptop, several times and it was consistently normal with the programs detecting internet

Does this mean there is a conflict with my network and my laptop even though others devices are fine?
Have you checked to see if your network drivers are updated? You may want to check manually instead of running a scan

minun

Distinguished
May 27, 2010
The ISP technician came out and swapped the modem, he also checked the line/signal/set up the wifi while he was here, my laptop is still having the same problem of being able to connect to the internet and browse but programs do not

I did find something interesting during my speed tests, it'll download as normal 200-250 Mbps but when it tried the upload test it'll fail and make internet unusable (Can't even browse, the icon will switch to connected but no internet) in till I restart laptop, this happens consistently

is this something that might be relatable to why programs do not detect internet?

View: https://imgur.com/a/E1NzTyU